Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

The UK needs a united professional body

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Simon Spooner, Jul 20, 2012.

?

The podiatry profession within the UK would be best represented by:

1. A single, united professional body

29 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. A number of disparate professional body's

10 vote(s)
    25.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, it was the wrong word. It suggests a meeting - making one's acquaintance, for example - and infers friendship. Neither of which is applicable in our case. We have never met, Bob - only communicated online and perhaps a brief telephone call - but that does not constitute friendship. It is the same relationship I have with most other people on this forum, whom I have never met either. I wouldn't say that I am acquainted with Simon or Kevin or Bill Liggins or John Mason - having never met them either - but one can respect what they write - both in content and style. It's easy to fall back on the familiar, but if I may be so impertinent to suggest, it is not getting you anywhere, Bob - and the bickering does nothing for this board or its contributors. If you have given a critique of my suggestion, please reproduce it here, for it hasn't appeared on my screen yet - I won't hold my breath.

Perhaps the closure of TFS wasn't such a good thing after all.

Kindest

2. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Nice to see all that trust you obviously have between you chaps:rolleyes::D

Bob I expressed an opinion that was all NO I dont trust you or anyone else that has spent years trying to damage me professionaly, surely that comes as no suprise ??

Mark
    You are fully aware of what I am refering to what you did was a breach of trust in my book and kindly stop quoteing from something that happened outside of the podiatry world. Your emails you sent me "privately" made your position on the matter clear there is no need to make reference to it here.

You can dress up whatever you want and however you want to say it but we both know the truth dont we.

The posts I make stand I do not make inflamatory statements and as soon as I get a reaction edit the origional post to make the whole thing "softer" thereby giving a different meaning.

As far as me leaving here Mark again you get above yourself you have not the power or position to tell me anything yes I want unity but unity for ALL not excluding anyone that is my position but all I ever get is attack and sniping and yes I defend my position when the 2 week postal course etc is rolled out again and again and again and YES Mark I am a minority , Me Myself and I so how does your bigotted stance bode there persecuting a minority??

Just a reminder 12 of us tried a start to unite this profession some years ago we met from the complete range across the board levels of podiatry , professional bodies and points of view. We all were very aprehensive but when we met and talked we found much common ground that could have started the model for unity...That was the dubbed "Tamworth Posse" the rest is history:deadhorse:

I wish the profession well in the future and I sincerely hope unity and trust will one day happen but I dont think it will be in my lifetime...unfortunately

Cheers
    D;)

3. blinda

blinda MVP

Not too sure how my name has been dragged into this.....but as you brought the subject up; No argument about it at all, Bob. The result is plain for all to see.

To quote Admin;
    Free speech does not enter the equation.

4. Here's a suggestion, Derek. After you write something go for a walk. Take a break - sleep on it even. Think hard how it's going to come across to others - and consider, does it add something positive to the debate. If you're uncertain, don't post it. Don't wait until you get a reaction.
    I wouldn't dare tell you anything Derek. It's a suggestion. If you constantly attract sniping and personal attacks, what does that tell you about your approach?

Please elaborate. Was this a cross body meeting? Were representatives from the principal bodies there? What mandate did you have? What were the aims and objectives and where are the minutes of said meeting?

Or was it just a group of colleagues meeting and discussing professional issues at the end of a CPD weekend who found some mutual ground together? No doubt it gave a buzz and you found it rewarding and exciting - and it is when you start something you feel passionate about - but by taking the defensive and often inflamatory approach to podiatric debate, you actually damage what goals you state you are trying to achieve.

5. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

Just an across the board group that found agreement on many things, just an example of what is possible without sniping , self agrandisment and by showing mutual respect.

Now if that could be expanded......just think of the possibilities :empathy:

Cheers
    D;)

6. Indeed.

7. Having read the last few pages, I'm not sure its a united professional body we need, so much as a united profession.

"Lord what fools these mortals be!"

8. DTT

DTT Well-Known Member

That is my point Rob we need to sort ourselves out and bury the hatchet sort out the differences and gremlins THEN move on to a united body with a united profession its the only way it will work IMHO :empathy:

Cheers Fella
    D;)

Oh and I'll forgive you for the inclusion of a third party in your post .....this time:D

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

and on that note.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.