Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Undergrad VS postgrad in Australia - opinions please!

Discussion in 'Teaching and Learning' started by pinkdalmatian2000, Nov 27, 2012.

1. pinkdalmatian2000

pinkdalmatian2000 Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

Hopefully this is the right place to be posting this!

Planing on beginning podiatry school in 2013. A postgrad program was my initial first preference as I have a Bsc and I have applied in VIC, NSW as well as QLD.

I have been offered a place in the undergrad program at latrobe during the early offer round (which I am very happy with) as I believe latrobe is the oldest and largest pod school?

Wanting to know from people in industry, IYO if there is any distinct difference between an undergrad/postgrad qual for podiatry apart from the obvious (cost/duration). I didn't find much about UWS, what are thoughts on that program? Are there employment advantages/preferences for graduates form certain programs? Are people who do postgrad pod seen as less experienced upon grad in terms of placement etc or do they fit the same amount of placement in the two years?

Any info/insight/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Just out of interest does anyone know if most schools fill all allocations each year? And what sort of % of students who begin actually graduate?

Cheers,
    C

2. Tuckersm

Tuckersm Well-Known Member

Most schools fill their intakes

about 70-80% who start the course finish

There have not been enough post grad podiatrists graduating yet to form an opinion on the difference between those completeing a 4 yr UG degree v those with a 3yr science based degree plus 2 yrs of Podiatry, but all courses have been assessed by ANZPAC as producing graduatees who meet the minimum competancies for a podiatrist