Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

University UK

Discussion in 'Teaching and Learning' started by NeatFeet, Sep 17, 2014.

1. NeatFeet

NeatFeet Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi
    I am considering going back to school and doing the degree, and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on which university would be best to apply for? I'm considering Southampton, Plymouth and Cardiff purely based on their locations, but would be interested to know how the qualifications from these are viewed by future employers, and whether any one (not necessarily those I've mentioned) is the best.
    Thanks in advance
    Sarah

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. NeatFeet

NeatFeet Welcome New Poster

Thanks Admin2, I've applied to Brighton as well as Glasgow now too, was just wondering whether anyone had any views on the specific Uni's but clearly not! which is a good thing I suppose....

4. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

Hi Sarah,

I think its important that you visit all the Universities first and get a feel for them.
    You will find one that "clicks" with you more than any other.
    Being comfortable and happy in your training really counts.
    :drinks

Tracy

5. DrBob

DrBob Active Member

Hi Sarah,
    I don't think you can classify university performance simply as best or worst, it's a bit of a niaive approach, sorry. Each uni has it's strengths and weaknesses, and will have things you like and dislike. What do you want out of your university experience (qualification, access to good training environment, latest research environment, shared experience with under gards from allied courses... The list goes on and on). It's a great opportunity in life and you'd do well to speak to people who gained there degree - ask them what they got from their uni days, ask them if they would do it differently with hind sight. Good luck.
    DB