Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Research ? Looking for podiatrists opinions ? Please help!

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by HJobling, Sep 15, 2015.

1. HJobling

HJobling Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello,

In November I have been asked to present a workshop / Seminar at the College of Podiatry?s annual conference in Harrogate regarding, Electronic Systems for Practice Management.

In preparation for this, I am very interested to find out Podiatrists views on using an electronic system in a Private Practice setting. I do work for a computer company who sells podiatry software, but please be assured this is not a sales pitch. I have asked some of our customers but want to open up the field. I also want this to be a general discussion rather than people commenting upon specific software applications.

I would really appreciate it if you could comment upon the following questions. You do not have to answer them all. Just to reiterate, please answer if you are a podiatrist ? no fellow software developers? thanks.

Do you use a computer system at your private practice currently? What prompted you to go electronic?

Did you feel confident changing from paper records to an electronic system? Were you apprehensive at all?

If you use paper records at the moment, would you consider changing in the future?

When choosing a system, what is the most important factor, cost / support / reviews / other?

What advice would you give a podiatrist who was thinking of changing from paper records to an electronic system?

Thank you in advance.

Helen Jobling

2. rd23

rd23 Welcome New Poster

[Check4SPAM] RE: URL Attempt

Do you use a computer system at your private practice currently? What prompted you to go electronic?
    Yes, new practice. Electronic from day one but have worked at a practice that was transitioning.

Did you feel confident changing from paper records to an electronic system? Were you apprehensive at all?
    Was slightly apprehensive when I shredded my first form on paper that had been scanned.

If you use paper records at the moment, would you consider changing in the future?
    n/a. I am a solely paperless office.

When choosing a system, what is the most important factor, cost / support / reviews / other?
    Most important factor was podiatry specific options built into the interface so I had less work to do when I started using it. Then cost was #2.
    What advice would you give a podiatrist who was thinking of changing from paper records to an electronic system?
    Find a way to get the older records scanned in ASAP (students, volunteers, etc.) Make it a policy to have all new records from a certain start date be absolutely electronic.

LFAAC, Littleton, CO
    www.littletonfootandankleclinic.com

3. HJobling

HJobling Member

rd23,

Many thanks for your answers. Very interesting.

If anyone else would like to answer but not post on the forum, please feel free to send me a private message with the answers.

Regards
    Helen

4. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi Helen,,

Do you use a computer system at your private practice currently?
    YES
    What prompted you to go electronic?
    Drowning in paperwork
    Wanted easy access to data

Improve client experience
    Reduce manual labour associated with paperwork

Did you feel confident changing from paper records to an electronic system?
    NO
    Were you apprehensive at all?
    Absolutely!
    Unsure of compliance / legal standing with scanned doc's rather than hard copy
    Too shred or not to shred, that was the question?
    What if the computer dies? What if I lose everything?!?

Functions available
    Support is an absolute MUST for me
    Ability to link into secure messaging and accounting would be a bonus

Ease of access - cloud based rather than requiring a VPN would also be a bonus
    Value for money. If the CRM is optimized the cost decreases as contact, recalls, tracking enhance client experience

JUST DO IT!
    Moving to electronic system - we use FRONTDESK - was one of the BEST biz decisions I have made. This was 2005!

Having worked as a locum last year in a paper office was lie a 'time warp" - going back to the dark ages! It was very challenging! Made me appreciate my CRM even more!

Secure messaging enhances the system. Even less paperwork!

Cheers

5. HJobling

HJobling Member

Thank you for your answers Heather.

I'm very glad that you're happy with your electronic system.

It must have been difficult for you when you were working as a locum going back to paper records.

6. HJobling

HJobling Member

I would just like to thank all, who got in contact and provided their opinions.
    I really enjoyed delivering my seminar at the COP conference last week at Harrogate.

Many thanks

Helen

Tynedale Computers PPMS Podiatry