Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

NZ Podiatrist *HELP: Orthotic Grinder

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by enpod, Apr 24, 2013.

1. enpod

enpod Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,

I am a New Zealand podiatrist, recently setting up my own practice.
    I am wanting to get an orthotic grinder setup in my lab.

I had looked many places including hardwarehouses and powertool shops, I couldn't find anything suitable to be used for orthotic grinding/modification.

I know that I could get them easily from Aus/UK/US. But I want to know where I could get one in NZ?

I had been advised to buy a 700W+ Bench grinder and convert it into an orthotic grinder. But I will be required to seek a wood turner to make the drum and a mechanical engineerer for the actual convertion.

Is there anyone out there selling one? or a supplier in NZ that supplies them?
    Any suggestions?

Many Thanks!
    Elson

2. Nick Haley

Nick Haley Welcome New Poster

Hi
    I am in Christchurch, and after the quake, I have a second hand grinder and dust extractor for sale if you want it. Was in use in my clinic before the building fell over. Still in great working order. They have been in my garage since.

If not I can get the name of the engineers I get to make my custom wheels and hoods up. Full set up last time I got one made about 5 years ago was about $2500 including wheel,grinder,hood and extraction.

Send me an email nick@feetinmotion.co.nz and I can flick through some pics if you want.

Cheers

3. enpod

enpod Member

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. I had emailed you, but it bounded as the email address you provided was no longer active. Can you contact me on elson@carepodiatry.co.nz? I will be keen to check out some pictures. Looking forward to hear from you :)

Elson