Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Who are the biggest sooks or cry babies at the soccer world cup?

Discussion in 'Break Room' started by Craig Payne, Jun 26, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Portugal haven't been knocked out yet, Ronaldo loves crying on TV!

3. What does "sook" mean? Must be British English...

4. Cry baby

he is having a sook

he is whinging

does that help

5. I understand "cry baby", however I've never heard the term "sook". By the way, the term "whinging" is also not used here in the USA. We use the similar term "whining" here in the USA.

Just because we all speak English, doesn't mean we speak the same language....;)

6. USA got through to the 2nd round!!!

Guess its better to move on in the tournament than to worry about who the biggest "sooks" are....;)

7. Griff

Griff Moderator

Sook not a British thing. First time I've ever heard it.

8. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    'Sook' is Australian/New Zealand slang for someone who is soft, a wimp, is easily upset, or just a pussy.

9. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Now England are knocked out, I'm following the USA and Nigeria (both nations have players representing them that play for my team).

Who is everybody else supporting?

10. Griff

Griff Moderator

My grandfather was German so I am always keen to see them do well

11. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

English people knock the Germans, but frankly there's nothing to knock. Quality football teams every time. Right mindset, attitude and pride in wearing the shirt. Wish we were more like them tbh.

12. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Agreed. They don't bite other players either!

Bill

13. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

Its quite frightening how so many other nations have not only caught up with 'us', but left us in their wake. We are no longer a football superpower, and the minute the FA realise this, the sooner we can start to do something about it. I had a pt just last week who coaches kids, and he's forever onto the FA begging for balls/bibs/kit etc just to help him out. We really are third world in our approach to coaching the kids.

14. Compared to when I was a boy growing up in Sacramento in the 1960s and early 1970s, where the only organized sports we could play in were Little League Baseball and Pop Warner Football (American football, not soccer), soccer (football) has now become the #1 youth participation sports in the USA. Soccer is huge here and Sacramento now has its first professional outdoor soccer team. I believe the only thing holding soccer back here in the USA is the lack of intermittent breaks throughout the games that would allow television advertisers to insert commercials into the games. Once the television advertisers realize how to advertise more effectively on television, soccer will easily become as popular as baseball, football and basketball here in the USA

Both my sons (now 31 and 26), played "competitive soccer" (traveling teams) for many years during their preteen and teen years and now my oldest grandson (almost 8) is playing on a competitive soccer team. I coached boys soccer for four years (ages 8-12) and, honestly, I had more fun coaching these young lads and getting them more fit and getting them to enjoy the game more and become better players than just about anything else I have done in my adult life.

If soccer had only been available to me like it is now to the youth of our country, I probably would have become a soccer player rather than a long distance runner.

Bring on round two.....go USA!!!

15. RobinP

RobinP Well-Known Member

I'm supporting Chile and Belgium - both teams impressed me greatly in qualifying and more than anything I like watching good football, regardless of the team (unless it is the Italians - too much diving and shirt pulling historically for me to like the Italians)

Would like to see Messi shine over the knockout stages and secure his place as a World Cup Legend

16. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
  17. Griff

Griff Moderator

Couldn't agree more Peter....

Attached Files:

18. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  19. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Well, we all know that soccer is a gentleman's game played by ruffians (and wimps):boohoo:, whilst rugby is a ruffians' game played by gentlemen (unless of course it involves Australians and New Zealanders). [When it's a boring day a little controversy always goes down well]. :drinks

Pommie Bastard Bill