Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Autoclaves

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by Sophie2602, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Sophie2602

Sophie2602 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi All,

I know there is a few about,

But I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on the best Autoclaves.
    How are the Novo Autoclaves?

Are the cheaper autoclaves on the market acceptable/meet Australian standards?
    Or if possible, can anyone direct me to the standards for sterilisation?

Thanks a bunch!

2. perrypod

perrypod Active Member

I have had an enigma 8 vacuum autoclave for several years now. I can autoclave anything I need to, instruments gauze etc. Local techs. that service me say it's a great machine!

3. Sophie2602

Sophie2602 Member

Thank-you for your reply,

If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much does one of these units cost?
    I have had a number of people suggest them.

:)

4. perrypod

perrypod Active Member

Hi Sophie,
    I bought my enigma 8 vacuum autoclave several years ago now. At the time I paid considerably less than £2000. The exact cost is unknown as the package that I got included a new ultrasonic cleaner and also a water distiller. The company that was doing this offer at the time are called "Mobilis". All I can say is that I can sterilise fabrics as well as instruments and so I am well pleased. For extra peace of mind, my local hospital's sterilising department will be prepared to help me out if I ever suffered a mechanical failure.

5. Blue123

Blue123 Active Member

6. Blue123

Blue123 Active Member

Anyone know about a good engineer to service an Enigma machine in warwickshire?