Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

New Graduate registration

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by Aengus, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Aengus

Aengus Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello. Im soon to Graduate from Glasgow. :D and my plan is to move to New Zealand soon after! I am looking for advice as to what I must do in the way of registration. A friend told me there was a thread already answering this. I have been searching the forums for weeks and can't find it. Am I missing something?:wacko:
    I understand that I can have a work permit, however am i correct in thinking you need sponsorship to obtain this?

Any advice is very welcome!

Thanks,

Aengus.

2. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi Aengus & :welcome: to Podiatry Arena.

The Podiatry Board of New Zealand may provide you with lots of information.

There are also some previous threads for Employment in New Zealand which may also be useful.

Good luck for the future :drinks

Regards,

Mandy.

3. b.polsen

b.polsen Active Member

4. Aengus

Aengus Member

Thanks Mandy. It looks from the website that i have to pay $1,196.00 for the open book exam. There is another thread on here explaining more on this. Brett thanks for the advice. I seem to be hearing that in stereo these days. However, i am committed to New Zealand. Oz is a very real possibility after the year in NZ though so ill keep you in mind. Good luck.

Aengus.

5. Mark Dave Smith

Mark Dave Smith Active Member

Hi Aengus,
    We are moving to NZ in November after spending the last 2 1/2 years getting our skilled migrant visas. My wife and I have relatives in Canterbury and have help from a local pod. We qualified 8 years ago from Plymouth and have had no problem getting registered with the NZ Board of Podiatrists. The open book exam is not really podiatry specific, more based on cultural awareness - also very expensive, but unavoidable.

Try and find somebody who can do you colour certified copies of certificates, passports, qualifications etc. We have a solicitor friend and this saved us a fortune.

We also got a good deal with Emirates on a one way ticket and upgraded luggage of 50kg.

If you need any specific help send me a pm.

Regards,
    Mark.

6. Innes

Innes Active Member

Hi Aengus,

I may be looking for another Podiatrist very soon
    Position will be in a brand new purpose built premises with strong MSK focus
    If interested email me your cv
    innes@footmechanics.com

regards.