Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry examination chairs divided legs or not??

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by Footpath, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Footpath

Footpath Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello,
    I'm looking at renewing my podiatry patients chair, I currently have a chair and a bed, but thinking of combining them due to lack of space in my office. can anyone suggest a good brand, I've looked at Merton and plynth 2000 also adivice on dividing legs or solid segments for the chair? I do BMX assembly's as well as general chair. Pros and cons would be great please. Thanks for your help :)

2. Suzannethefoot

Suzannethefoot Active Member

Definitely a split leg chair for podiatry, some patients find having both feet up at the same time uncomfortable, if they have back or leg problems.

3. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

Had a plinth 2000 for 15 years, split leg. Use it for general podiatry stuff as well as MSK mobs, massage work. Been faithful product with no problems.

4. poya17

poya17 Member

I've used Plinth 2000 for years too - great service. I personally prefer single leg (initially used split legs) as I find them more hygienic (easier to keep clean) plus when doing biomechanical exams I find a flat surface better as the patients legs don't roll into the gaps between the legs. I put a cushion behind patients knees if they have back issues or drop the whole segment and very occasionally a patient will ask to hang one leg over the side.