Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Precision Intricast Newsletter Book - #3

Discussion in 'Podiatry and Related Books' started by Kevin Kirby, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Deborah:

I believe the plan is to reprint it sometime before the end of the year. However, I don't have control over the decision-making for this expensive endeavor. Therefore, you would do better contacting Jennifer Smith jennifer@dpmlab.com directly at Precision Intricast to find out when the reprinting of volume I is expected to occur.

However, volume III was just published a few months ago and is still available.

Hope this helps.

2. Brandon Maggen

Brandon Maggen Active Member

Hi 'Scotty'

Congratulations!!!

I have already placed my order following the link you have provided and cannot wait to receive my book.

I have been searching for ages (and in vain I might add) for Vol I & II, closer to home (need to take into account the $/ Rand exchange rate). It seems that either the publishers underestimated the demand or everyone who managed to get them, have two copies :)! I think the former rather applies.
    This (vol III) will be the first trilogy I have read beginning at the end.

Again, congratulations and I look forward to reading all about 'STJ neutral theory' alternatives.

Meet you 'up', Scotty.

Kind regards

Brandon Maggen

3. Deborah Ferguson

Deborah Ferguson Active Member

H i Kevin
    Is the first volume of Precision Intracast back in print yet as I would really like a copy? I have volumes 2 and 3 already and would love the complete set.
    Regards
    Deborah

4. Iñaki

Iñaki Active Member

A. Kirby Books

Hi everyone,

I'm a Podiatrist from Spain. I'm trying to buy Kirby's book "foot and lower extremity biomechanics vol 2" but I can't find it on the internet and neither at any medicine shop in my town.

¿Can anybody help me? I'm kind of desperate...

Thanks!!

5. Griff

Griff Moderator

6. Iñaki

Iñaki Active Member

Re: A. Kirby Books

Thanks Ian! I'll contact them as soon as I can! Hope they deliver to spain!

7. Griff

Griff Moderator

8. Iñaki

Iñaki Active Member

Re: A. Kirby Books

Good price! thank you again!

9. lucas87

lucas87 Member

Mr Kirby, are these 3 books still available to purchase?

Luke

10. The second two books may be purchased at www.dpmlab.com.

11. How long to the 1st one is re-printed? The cover art must have found it´s way via the internet from your computer by now.

12. The cover art has been scanned....now I just have to find time to do this between my other responsibilities.

Right now, I'm reviewing Eric Fuller and my chapter on Subtalar Joint Equilibrium and Tissue Stress Approach to Biomechanical Therapy of the Foot and Lower Extremity before it is shipped off to the printer...so it looks like it will finally be published soon. I must say, I'm very proud of this one. I know Eric is also.

13. That must have been written 3-4 years ago? When is the book due out?

14. Simon:

Actually, Eric and I finished the chapter over five years ago. However, in reviewing it again now for pending publication, it still seems very current. I would expect the book to be out before the end of the year....of course, I've been wrong before, a few times, on this book.

15. I know it is still very current, and I also believe it shall provide the reader with an excellent insight into contemporary foot and lower limb biomechanics. Look forward to reading the book.:drinks

16. James Welch

James Welch Active Member

Is vol 1 still out of print?

:drinks

17. James Welch

James Welch Active Member

Tried that Mike already and when I clicked on the link to buy just vol 1, it said that it was vol 2 so I can only assume that it's still out of print.

18. Right sorry - they had changed the website from saying Vol 1 out of print on the book order page so just assumed the 2nd print was done.