Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

DVA fEE INDEXATION

Discussion in 'Australia' started by trevor, Nov 11, 2015.

1. trevor

trevor Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This is a cut and paste from the DVA Medicare site.
    It says that DVA fees will not change till 2018. It has a link to their list of fees that will change.
    The only podiatry fee that I can on the list find is 10962.
    So what is happening to all the other item numbers for DVA patients.
    Or are DVA payments going away in 2018.
    OR am I missing something here.??

DVA fee indexation arrangements
    The continued pause of indexation for all Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) fees until 1 July 2018 was announced by Government as part of the ?Strong and Sustainable Medicare? package at the 2014-15 Mid-Year Economic Fiscal Outlook.
    As a result of this measure, the 1 July 2016 indexation pause for all MBS and DVA specific medical items will continue until 1 July 2018.
    To maintain consistency, DVA will align its dental and allied health service fees with this indexation pause, and the next indexation for these services will also be on 1 July 2018.
    For a full list of MBS services to be indexed on 1 July 2018 see the Medicare Benefits Schedule Online website.
    DVA will undertake a review of dental and allied health services arrangements specific to the veteran community to complement the broader review of the MBS to be conducted by the Department of Health.

2. jos

jos Active Member

I noticed that too. I don't have many DVA patients now, most have fallen off the perch.
    But I pity those who bulkbill Medicare patients-$52.95 is not enough to sustain the operation of a private practice and I'm sure that our outgoings will not be 'fixed' until 2018!

3. dyfoot

dyfoot Active Member

I agree- I don't know how anyone can afford to bulk bill medicare!

I still have lots of DVA patients though and don't mind accepting less for treating them as they have paid their dues and we owe them a debt of gratitude!