Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Looking for work experience (Hampshire)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by ProspectivePod, Apr 2, 2015.

1. ProspectivePod

ProspectivePod Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi, was wondering if any of you could help me.
    I'm looking for a podiatrist that can offer me some work experience even if only an hour or two. Looking for private and NHS, though not sure the best way to approach NHS services for this bit confused as to how they work in my area. If anyone has some advise I'd be so greatful.
    I've done a little bit of work experience I'm the private sector and whilst I've got an offer of a place for podiatry, I really want to gain a greater insight to see how other practitioners approach similar problems, the patient-practitioner relationship etc etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    Ashley

2. Elizabeth Humble-Thomas

Elizabeth Humble-Thomas Active Member

Hi Ashley, I have a long established busy private practice in the centre of Oxford. If you would like to spend some time with us you'd be very welcome,
    Liz HT

3. sdrpod

sdrpod Member

In Hampshire the main you have the Nhs providers are southern health and Solent health. You best bet is to contact the, directly and ask if you can shadow. To my knowledge both depts have msk and routine podiatry teams it all depends what your looking for in experience.

But 1st ring them and ask them you got to start the ball rolling somehow.

4. blinda

blinda MVP

I got a private practice in Winchester....PM me if you want to spend some time here.

Cheers,
    Bel

5. Wendy

Wendy Active Member

Definitely contact the podiatry department directly, I did that prior to starting my degree & the staff were really helpful. Can't think it would have changed much if you display a genuine interest in what is going on. Good luck.
    Wendy