Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Registration For Uk Podiatrist In Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Lance, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Lance

Lance Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    This is really silly...

I worked in Aus a few years ago in Canberra. I am planning to move to Sydney in a couple of years (from the UK). I am registered to work in Canberra but will this cover me for Sydney? Also, does this mean that i would have had my skills fromally assessed by the APODC? I can't actually remember where i sent my qualifications when i originally applied.

Sorry to be so vague but any help would be great!

:confused:
    :rolleyes:

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2007
  3. Lance

Lance Member

If anyone does know (off the top of their head) the answer to my question i'd be most grateful for a reply. I've read through the suggested forum links from Admin but these do not answer my question...

4. Felicity Prentice

Felicity Prentice Active Member

The quick and dirty reply is to contact the Podiatrists registration Board in NSW, they will let you know if you are 'on their books'. If you have maintained your registered status, then there is usually no problem with reciprocal registration between Australian States.

5. Tuckersm

Tuckersm Well-Known Member

The NSW Board is trialing a register search, so you can check that out NSW Pod Reg Board.

No register search at ACT Pod Reg Board Site

If you still have current reg in ACT. ie you have paid your annual fee, muttual recognition in NSW is easy, if you are no longer registered in the ACT, there are a few possibilities.
    1. NSW may accept your old A.Pod.C. assessment.
    2. You can apply to have your registration in ACT restored
    3. You reapply through A.Pod.C.

6. shamim

shamim Welcome New Poster

Re:3rd year podiatry student

hi
    my name is shamim, 3rd year podiatry student in the uk planning to work in Australia after I qualify next year.Anyone who can help please don't hesitate to contact me. thanxs :)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007