Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Health fund claims ONLINE

Discussion in 'Australia' started by trevor, Dec 2, 2014.

1. trevor

trevor Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    TYRO is now offering an alternative to HICAPS. Check out the TYRO web site.

You no longer have to suffer with HICAPS very poor Help Desk "service" and their c..p software interface to your practice management system.

Did you get an email from HICAPS, when TYRO went live, telling you how HICAPS were increasing their helpdesk staff?

TYRO works with Smartsoft Frontdesk. The TYRO terminal connects to the internet not your computer.

TYRO is an internet based service unlike HICAPS that is a dial up service that operates at 300 Baud and dates from the 1970s. So no more slow down at Xmas and Easter waiting for an answer from the centre.

Tyro processes your claim in about one second, I have seen less than one second to process a claim. They print the time on the docket.

We have been running TYRO for a month now. We have had a couple of little glitches. Smartsoft are to do a software patch. :eek: They took the HIAPS terminal away yesterday:eek:

2. phil

phil Active Member

Hey Trevor,

Does it work good with all health funds?

Can you put through Medicare bulk billing?

Does it need wifi internet, or just 3G/4g?

Seriously considering replacing my hcaps and extra phone line that I need just to run it!

Phil

3. APodC

APodC Active Member

Hi Phil,

We spoke to one of their founders a number of times last year about where they're headed. They're committed to this space so we've asked them to start getting some info out to people.

Cheers,
    Damian.

4. trevor

trevor Active Member

Hi Phil,
    Tyro works with all but about two Health funds. I think one is in Tasmania but I am unsure where the other one is as they do not affect us.
    We do not use TYRO for Medicare
    We use Medicare online which is also internet based and has been around for a long time. It is independent from your health fund terminal, it has always worked well and we saw no reason to change when we installed TYRO. The Medicare online system also does DVA and is integrated into Smartsoft Front desk. It is also much quicker than HICAPs about 3 mouse clicks I think to make a claim
    The TYRO terminal connects via an ethernet cable to your internet modem. Mobile 3G/4G terminals are credit card only terminals not allied Health. This is all to do with the Health insurance companies I believe.
    The big plus with TYRO is it is much much quicker for the reception staff ( or you) which means they/you can be doing other things.
    You must have a practice management system ( Front desk) to use TYRO