Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

What is the best cream for dry skin?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by anthony watson, Mar 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. anthony watson

anthony watson Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi
    what do you recommend for patients with dry skin?

2. Podess

Podess Active Member

Anthony,
    I give the patients the samples the reps give me to try out, then if they like them they can buy some more !

3. anthony watson

anthony watson Active Member

I found a good one in pound land and asda.
    seems as good as flexitol.
    used to love that German stuff Ghewol, Gohalol? (don't know how it was spelt)

Usually get gps to give then some on the Px.

most stuff works if the patient put it on!!

thanks
    Anthony

4. simonfeet

simonfeet Active Member

I found the best cream for dry skin is CCS Foot Cream.If problem severe then CCS Heel Balm. Both urea based.
    Although apparently innocuous, Aqueous Cream has a preservative which can sometimes cause a dermatitis. Also only of use if condition mild.

5. mr2pod

mr2pod Active Member

Dermadrate Dry Skin Treatment is my favourite. 10% Urea base without the "grease" feeling.

6. sandra.jones

sandra.jones Member

Can't go far wrong with Dermatonics Once (25% urea); the beauty is in the name, once a day application. It is not for all skins though; some people don't like it, then nothing will suit everyone

7. gopi

gopi Welcome New Poster

Venusia Max.

8. Sophie2602

Sophie2602 Member

Hi all,

I find most clients love Eulactol heel balm, or Eulactol for extremely dry skin (some with Vitamin E or Tea-tree... clients love the smell).

9. Suzannethefoot

Suzannethefoot Active Member

Whatever they find works for them!
    I must be asked this at least twice a week and always tell the patients that they have to find a cream to suit their skin. I recommend various creams, from Tesco softening body lotion with cocoa butter, which is what I use on them, it's cheap but good, to various urea based creams for severe dry skin problems.

10. Carolin06

Carolin06 Welcome New Poster

Any cream that contains urea works well in my experience. Regular application by the patient is key, of course....

11. omg 123

omg 123 Member

One you can charge £6 or more for seems to get them to use it better!!!

12. simonfeet

simonfeet Active Member

omg123. You dont live in my neck of the woods then? Anything not from the pound shop isnt worth buying:)

13. omg 123

omg 123 Member

yep
    with you on, that but bit of a cash generator to sell a few

14. Suhail

Suhail Member

For general maintenance I suggest patients to use whatever moisturiser they have knocking around at house. It's just trying to get them to apply it daily, "little and often" is the key. Hoping that they continue to be involved in their care.

For those with drier skin/callus I would recommend that they look for a product with 10% urea, not necessarily from the rip off merchants on the high street.

For those with significant anhidrosis, until recently Flexitol had been my preferred recommendation. However, I recently tried sample of the Dermatonics Once Heel Balm which I found I preferred (and also didn't have the same issues patients reported with Flexitol - fragrance, texture and greasiness being the most common).

For Plantar HK I believe Flexitol have a 40% urea product.

15. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

Ivan Bristow said during a lecture, "the most expensive moisturiser is the one that is never used"

16. Peter1234

Peter1234 Active Member

what do you use for patients with very dry leg and foot skin ?