Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Disposal of disposable instruments

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Edinburgh Foot, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi this is my first real post so I hope I'm in the right place and doing it correctly. I have searched this subject in the forum but only a few posts from 2010 came up. I need some advice on sharps/instruments disposal. I have a new small home visiting practice in the edinburgh/midlothian area. I now have a few sets of instruments that I need to get rid of. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced company that they use to collect and dispose of instruments? I realise some may recommend national companies and I'm open to all options. So many listed on the internet but a personal recommendation would help.
    I don't want to use this thread as a debate on autoclave vs disposable as it has been mentioned a few times in other peoples posts. Just some friendly advice would be really appreciated. Thanks. X

2. Neil.Robertson

Neil.Robertson Welcome New Poster

Hi
    You could contact someone at NHS Fife as we use disposable instruments which are collected for disposal.