Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Getting rid of bunions ... the quack is strong in this one

Discussion in 'Podiatry Trivia' started by Craig Payne, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    The quack does not get much stronger than this:
    http://www.healthandhealthyliving.c...turally-with-this-simple-but-powerful-remedy/

2. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

3. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  4. Ideology

Ideology Active Member

First time I saw "Ear Candles" I nearly had an accident. How anyone could possibly imagine sticking a candle in the ear and lighting it is going to do anything whatsoever is beyond me. But, I guess people believe the dumbest things.

5. rdp1210

rdp1210 Active Member

Have you tried it?
    Daryl

6. Doogle

Doogle Active Member

Ear candles do not exert suction. That repulsive goo you see in the candle, you know, the `wax and impurities` that have been `sucked out` would be there if you held the lit candle over your desk.....

7. thekwie

thekwie Active Member

In one of the towns where I work there is a Naturopath/Osteo/Opinionated Nutjob (lovely lady though) who regularly has people rubbing their bunions with pure Aloe Vera, which she tells them will "dissolve" the "deposit".
    She also has them use Aloe for everything from Atherosclerosis to Scoliosis, and I know of at least 3 occasions where she marched into the local hospital and accused them of performing surgery on conditions that she could treat "naturally". She also offered to re-break and re-set the arm of a gentleman, claiming it was the poor angle of the set of the arm that was causing his (wait for it)....erectile issues.

She hasn't even been sued...that I know of.

8. Ideology

Ideology Active Member

Are you suggesting I should? I'm not sure I could keep still long enough for laughing. The whole idea of lying on my side with a lighted candle in my ear sounds like Monty Python.
    [​IMG]
    Just look. Its insane! Why the ear? There are other orifices that might benefit. In fact I have a good suggestion where they can stick their candle..........

9. Lab Guy

Lab Guy Well-Known Member

My good friend is a registered nurse that has worked in the intensive care unit for the last 30 years. She is also performs and teaches Reiki, ear candling and other holistic modalities.

She offered to do ear candling on me many years ago and I didn't know what to think as this was new to me but she said I would benefit from it and I trusted her. For me, it was a mind blowing experience. It is hard to describe but it just released all my tension and made me feel so light. Since then, it was always a treat for me when she offered to do an ear candling session on me in her healing room in her home.

Ear candling is not about cleaning out the wax, its about opening up one's spiritual centers. Sounds crazy? To the vast majority, probably. And thats fine, to each their own.

Steven

10. Ideology

Ideology Active Member

Fortunately science is true whether anyone believes it or not, and science tells us that ear candling does nothing useful. There have been people injured by the hot wax falling on the timpanic membrane, but it doesn't even remove ear wax. There is no "vacuum effect" let alone one strong enough to suck out ear wax.
    Reiki on the other hand is so benign it causes no harm at all. It may make you feel better but its entirely coincidental. The practice itself does nothing.

11. Lab Guy

Prior to the year 2001, I would have agreed with you. I have been a Reiki Master since then however I do my own form of subtle energy healing. I love giving and receiving energy healing and there does not have to be any contact whatsoever.

When one is open to it, it can be the most amazing experience which is why I know the energy is real even if it cannot be measured by science. What I find most gratifying is using it to help people release past traumas and phobias that are holding them back.

I can understand fully why people may think it is quackery but most responsible energy healers only use it as an adjunct to Western medicine. If it's all in the mind/placebo, then i am okay with that too.

Steven

12. Ideology

Ideology Active Member

Lab Guy, to sustain your position there are some very important and fundamental questions that need to be answered, which on the face of it defy or contradict very well established fact. However I think I might leave it at that in the interests of harmony on the Forum

13. Lab Guy

Very wise.

Steven

14. [​IMG]

She looks as if that candle in her ear is causing great pleasure?

Is having an ear full of ear wax a contraindication to putting a candle made of wax inside my ear??