Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Are you happy you chose podiatry?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Sphere, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Sphere

Sphere Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi there.
    Im due to start a podiatry course this september, having worked within another healthcare profession that i didnt enjoy, but it afforded me the ability to live well.

I know podiatry is a right fit for me, but after reading many posts on these forums I get the feeling that many podiatrists are feeling both disenfranchised and dissillusioned about their career choice.

I would like to ask the UK podiatrists if they are still enjoying their work, and with the reducing positions for podiatrists within the NHS and the rise of the foot health practitioner, do you feel that new students have still a decent future ahead of them in a career that can provide them with a comfortable living?

Thanks in advance.

2. blumley

blumley Active Member

Been qualified 3 years and have a good balance between nhs and private practice and wouldn't change my career for the world. I'm a firm believer that you get what you work for, so during my training I sought after as many additional placements as I could and it served me well when applying for jobs. I still seek shadowing experience and love every moment of it.

3. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

Hi sphere pod is great . its not brain surgery we are not doctors or at the top of the professional ladder lawyer doctor etc. We help many people, get lots of satisfaction. And if lucky and very good can make a serious living out of it. You have to decide what you want from the profession and work to achieve it. 32 years in no regrets.

4. Podfhpchiro

Podfhpchiro Member

Hoho yep not brain surgery

5. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

I've been in Podiatry over 30 years, never been unemployed and always made a good living out of it.

My biggest regret is that I didn't leave the NHS and go into Private Practice sooner.