Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

International Pedorthic Symposium

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by Boots n all, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

2. Boots n all

Just letting you know a lot of interest in the sponsorship deals, a couple have already been sold this early out, so if you want a sponsorship package l suggest you make a move sooner rather than later...nothing worse than missing out.

There are a number of workshops being planned as well as a tour of the new purpose built facility for the Pedorthic Degree, come and see the nice new shiny Jos America equipment

Attached Files:

3. Phil Rees

Phil Rees Active Member

David
    For those of us who are unable to attend but would like to follow the proceedings, will any of the content be available on-line either during of after the meeting?

4. Boots n all

G'Day Phil.
    l am flying up for a board meeting tonight, l will put your question to the other members of the board and see what we come up with.

My vote would be a yes, l think it is a great idea.

5. Phil Rees

Phil Rees Active Member

Thanks David ... hope it all goes well. I attended the IVO Pedorthic conference in Sydney last year and I have to say it was an excellent meeting.

6. Boots n all

The wheels are now in motion Phil, see how we go.

We can also so now say SLA have justed signed off on the Silver sponsorship package.

These guys are the last "Last" makers in Australia and the supplier of the high leg 3D foot scanner that l have just bought one of...see my facebook for more details on the scanner...it arrives in three weeks:D

DJO international, suppliers of DrComfort, have just bought the Bronze sponsor package and stands are selling well.

Dont leave it too long............

7. Boots n all

We have now also introduced a reduced price for student fees to attend

Early Bird Rate until20 July 2013
    Member AUD $539
    Non Member AUD $715
    Student* AUD $412.50

Standard Rate, From 21 July 2013
    Member AUD $715
    Non member AUD $825
    Student* AUD $412.50

*Please see details for bookings here

8. terigreen

terigreen Active Member

9. Boots n all

Wont be a problem at this stage, here is all that you need, any problems let me know.

Attached Files:

10. Boots n all

3 day to go and the early bird discount will be GONE! dont miss out on the great savings to be had.

11. footpower

footpower Active Member

I just spoke to the General Manager of the Australian Pedorthic Association Casper Ozinga about the International Pedorthic Symposium, IPS13. All abstracts are in. It will be an exciting program with details being published soon. http://www.apmgfa.org.au/Events/AnnualSymposium.aspx

12. BrisFoot

BrisFoot Member

I heard there are speaker(s) from Thailand, new Zealand and the UK. Is that true?

13. footpower

footpower Active Member

Yes we have speakers from Thailand and posters from Japan confirmed!

14. footpower

footpower Active Member

this time the International Pedorthic Symposium IPS13 at the brand new campus will be over. But now it is not too late to register. http://www.apmgfa.org.au/Events/AnnualSymposium.aspx
    Pedorthics in Australia is moving forward fast. Be part of it, Have a look at the state of the art teaching facility at SCU. Join the international guests and presenters from Thailand, Japan and the UK.

15. Boots n all

Its going to be a great symposium, l leave here Wed 18th afternoon, so l am there early for the pre symposium fishing trip Thursday morning - very important!

You going to be there for the fishing trip Karl?

16. Ros Kidd

Ros Kidd Active Member

I was guest speaker at your conference a few years ago when it was in Sydney, you gave me a days registration as a gift. I had a ball, it was a brilliant conference. There was a paper presented on shear force on the sock used on amputees stumps which was really well presented. The next year I found myself in an industrial tribunal as a expert witness ( sorry I'm not allowed to elaborate on the case), anyway, part of that paper was used as scientific evidence to support the wearing of socks by various workers. The bit about amputees was curiously omitted. The lawyer for "the workers" was stunned when I pointed this. The judge made him submit the whole paper and of course then dismissed that from the evidence as not pertaining to the case. My lawyer said he could have kissed me (it was like a scene from The Castle). Thus it saved NSW Health literally $millions. I really would recommend this conference and please give my regards to Casper.
    Ros

17. Boots n all

Thank you Ros, pleased to hear such good results, you never know where your next bit of great research will appear.

l will pass on your regards on to Casper

18. Boots n all

The Australian Pedorthic Medical Grade Footwear Association (APMGFA) announced at the AGM on 20th September 2013 that it was to change its name to Pedorthic Association of Australia (PAA). In a unanimous decision of the members at the AGM, the new name was accepted.

Ernie Tye, the president of the association explained "APMGFA has outgrown itself and this change of name is more than a reduction in letters. It’s symbolic of the end of a period of life in this profession and the beginning of a far more mature profession."

"The bachelor of Clinical Science- Pedorthics at SCU is just one of the outward signs of that maturity."

"We acknowledge the vision of Professor Ian Graham and others here at SCU for seeing the role that Pedorthics plays in the Foot Health Team. A role that is as important as any member of the Foot health team in keeping people walking, running, jumping from first walkers to sports to mid-lifers to the elderly, with pathologies far ranging."

We would also like to thank our sponsors, without them our symposiums would be very different.
    Gold sponsor; Shoe Lasts Australia
    Bronze sponsor; Gadean and DJO.
    Workshop sponsors Tekscan and Mason Grogan.
    Please support those that support us.