Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

plug-operated drill used for dom?

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by Hviewer, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Hviewer

Hviewer Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    After reading all the threads on the spray drills. I am thinking about using a spray drill for my dom work. However, as all the spray drills are plug-operated, I am uncertain whether the patients will be happy for that as i use patient's electricity. Any suggestions/ thoughts will be appreciated.

2. W J Liggins

W J Liggins Well-Known Member

Do they want treatment or not? If they don't, fair enough, if they do then I cannot see an issue.

Bill Liggins

3. cjhopper1

cjhopper1 Active Member

I use a mains operated drill on home visits, never been an issue with the patients, I do carry a small extension lead as mains sockets are not always close to the patient :)

4. Hviewer

Hviewer Member

Thanks Bill and cjhopper1. I might think too much (including the plug-in issue) because I want to delivery a high quality of dom work and a spray drill is not cheap investment. Now I am sure I will go for it--it will be good for my patient and my health.