Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Seeking employment in Ontario

Discussion in 'Employment in Canada' started by JamesSainter, May 25, 2014.

1. JamesSainter

JamesSainter Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello everyone,

I am making this post to attract the attention of any possible employers or podiatrists who may be able to offer advice on my current situation. I am a podiatry student in the north east of England. I will be qualifying in the summer of 2015 and I think this is the best time to start looking for contacts.

I have always wanted to live in Canada and I would love to live in the city of Toronto, but I am willing to work outside of the area providing it is within the state of Ontario. When I qualify I am looking to emigrate to the area permanently with the aim of working as a Podiatrist in a privately run clinic. My areas of interest are nail surgery, diabetes and wound care, but I am open to all lines of work.

I have done research on how the emigration process works and ideally would like to go out on a sponsorship visa with the aims of becoming a permanent resident. I understand that some companies may prefer a working holiday visa so this would always be open to discussion.

I have a resume with a lot more information about myself if anyone would like to take a look. I hope to hear from you soon. I notice that this area of the forum is not very active so if anyone can offer me some advice or contacts it would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
    James Sainter.

2. pkferguson

pkferguson Welcome New Poster

Hi James,
    if you are still looking at opportunites in Ontario, Canada, please contact me directly at pjferguson@healthyfeet.ca
    We have a modern dynamic facility located in Peterborough, Ontario (1 hour NE of Toronto) and are in the process of expanding , currently requiring at least one more podiatrist with the appropriate skill set to join our team. Best,
    Peter

3. MBrooksbank

MBrooksbank Member

Hi. I would just like to ask how I start the process of working as a chiropodist/pod in Ontario? I am working for the Nhs at present and I have a number of potential employers interested in employing me and I am looking to move as soon as. I believe I need to take exams, although I have tried to contact the college on numerous times over the last month without any reply and becoming a little frustrated by this.

Any informationwould be much appreciated and I would also be very happy to pass on my impressive resume to any future employers!

Kind regards

Mark