Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Primary Care 22-23 May 2013 NEC Birmingham FREE CPD!!!

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by blinda, Mar 20, 2013.

1. blinda

blinda MVP

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Heads up for FREE CPD. Great thing about this pick `n mix conference is that you can attend any of the other programmes too, not just podiatry. You`ll find me skipping between disciplines...

Primary Care 2013

2. blumley

blumley Active Member

Hi,

Is this event open to students?

Ben

3. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

I'm booked in Bel. Glad to be able to make it this year. Hopefully catch up with a few people whilst there.

4. blinda

blinda MVP

Hi Ben,

Hope you`re still enjoying your studies. It would appear that students can attend but have to pay £30.00, see here; student registration which is a little odd, IMO. Might be worth emailing them to ask why students are charged whilst practitioners are not. This is the contact addy;

ben@sterlingevents.co.uk

Cheers,
    Bel

5. blumley

blumley Active Member

I have just emailed, it is indeed £30 for a student to attend but think I will attend anyway as it looks like a great couple of days

6. blinda

blinda MVP

Good to catch up with colleagues and meet a few lurkers, too. :drinks

Interesting to hear that many health professionals have missed the memo;

Aqueous cream should only be used as a soap substitute, NOT as a leave-on emollient. The sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) content increases its propensity to irritate and dry out skin. The point was made that any emollient containing SLS should be used with caution. See the warnings here;

http://www.mhra.gov.uk/Safetyinformation/DrugSafetyUpdate/CON254804

http://www.eczema.org/aqeous