Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

What are the best disposable instruments to buy?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by vastview1972, Sep 28, 2015.

1. vastview1972

vastview1972 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi everyone,

I'm a newly qualified pod who is going to work in a private clinic where they expect me to bring my own instruments. I am sure you are all very familiar with this type of set up!

Since I don't have an autoclave machine to sterilise my instruments at the moment, could any of you suggest where to get the best disposable instrument packs from? I have searched a few suppliers and found that the basic podiatry pack on C&P Medical website seems to offer a good price BUT I cannot quite work out which is the most appropriate one. Please could someone help. They offer two types: Basic Podiatry Pack 18037 (?4.50) and Podiatrist Pack (?3.50).

Basic Podiatry Pack 18037 (http://myfootcaresupplies.com/disposable-packs/57-basic-podiatry-pack.html) includes:

1 x Azowrap crepe white paper 500mm x 500mm sterile field
    1 x Tray pulp 225mm x 138mm
    1 x BP Handle No 3
    1 x Nail cutter 14cm curved
    1 x Foot dresser 20cm
    1 x Nail file medium

Podiatrist Pack (604-podiatrist-pack.html) includes:

1 x Paper, Plain, White, 50 x 50cm
    1 x Pulp Tray
    1 x Scalpel Handle BP No.3
    1 x Nail Nipper, Curved
    1 x Foot Dresser, Diamond Dust
    1 x Blacks Nail FIle, Fine, 13.5cm

They are more or less the same as one another but there is ?1 difference in price. Hasanyone used them before? Is the expensive one definitely better? I need to buy them in bulk and don't want to end up with lots of blunt or bad instruments. If any of you could offer some advice, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

2. sdrpod

sdrpod Member

When i used to use disposable instruments the best ones I used were made by robinsons. I will say one thing do not buy disposable instruments from a company called rochelle there was a lot of serious quality issues such as oil and sand in sterilised packs.

Just don't use rochelle instruments they are extremerly poor quality.

3. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

Best or good and cheap 2 entirely different questions. Phone Patrick Chaney at disposable medical instruments very reliable company who supply the NHS they will see you alright.

4. vastview1972

vastview1972 Member

Thank you, both. I have requested / bought samples from the companies you suggested. Hopefully, they can help me to make up my mind. :)