Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Autoclave purchase

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Davey, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Davey

Davey Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all

I am considering buying an autoclave for a small practice, I have been looking online and am now confused with so many on the market.

I have always used a little sister 3 in the NHS but this is out due to cost at the minute.

I have seen eclipse and enigma units but don't know much about these and wether they are reliable and the servicing of these seem to be expensive.

Locally here in Northern Ireland I have been recommended a newmed autoclave by an engineer who services NHS equipment and the servicing is approx ?135 per year and can also arrange finance on the unit.

The cheapest option would be the prestige podia clave from canonbury or Dlt which I also think can offer finance.

Can anyone shed some light on the autoclave brands, I am trying to keep costs low at present as only starting up, so finance would be good and something which is low servicing cost and reliable.

Thanks

2. vastview1972

vastview1972 Member

Hi all

Like Davey, I am also considering buying an inexpensive but good autoclave for my small practice. I only know that I probably should have a type B vacuum one. However, I am not sure which brand is best for this and which company offers affordable installment and service plans. Could anyone who knows more about this share some insights? It would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
  3. Phil Wells

Phil Wells Active Member

Hi

Past experience with an Enigma machine was shocking - both product and service.

I would go for the best support and service package as possible rather than focussing totally on the product - we have a Little sister and at 13 months the mother board died and they were no help at all. However Canonbury were very helpful.
    I have also heard good things about DLT's service and we always find them very helpful.

Phil