Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Podiatry South Africa Conference; August 2015

Discussion in 'Conferences' started by admin, Oct 25, 2014.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    www.pasacongress.co.za.

2. Looking forward to lecturing (and vacationing) in South Africa next August. Looks like a great seminar so far!

3. VFiddes

VFiddes Member

Looking forward to this conference. Please say hi on here if you are also attending!

4. My good friends Drs. Simon Spooner and Howard Dananberg will also be speaking with me at this seminar in South Africa. Should be fun!

5. blinda

blinda MVP

Say `Howzit?` to Calvin Sinnett, Northern Branch Chairman of the Podiatry Association of South Africa. He will be presenting on the subject of Falknor`s Needling for Verrucae.....lekker (Afrikaans equivalent for tasty or `lovely`) :drinks

6. Will do. Just have another 7 days of seeing patients before we hop onto our 27+ hour, 3 flight journey from Sacramento to Capetown...:morning::wacko:

7. The pre-conference festivities for the 2015 Podiatry South Africa Conference have started. Our most gracious South African podiatry hosts, Sean Pincus and Brandon Maggen took my mate, Simon Spooner, along with our lovely wives out to a great dinner in Cape Town tonight. Now it's off to Stellenbosch in the AM. The three-day conference starts Friday. Should be a great one!

We love South Africa!!

8. Here are a few of the sights we have seen in our first few days here in Cape Town...one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

9. Just got into Stellenbosch yesterday to the Protea Hotel where the 2015 Podiatry South Africa Conference will be held from Friday to Sunday. Stellenbosch is the second oldest city in South Africa and is in the middle of the Cape Winelands region of South Africa (I love their wines!).

Here is the view outside my hotel room just before sunset. Going through my PowerPoint lectures today....should be an excellent conference starting tomorrow!

10. hill

hill Active Member

enjoy
    wish I were there
    say Hi to all my fellow south african podiatrists
    Hill

11. Lab Guy

Lab Guy Well-Known Member

Kevin is living the dream!

Steven

12. Great first day of the conference here in Stellenbosch. In the bar after the first day of lectures, Howard, Simon and I are still trying to figure out what will be lecturing on the next day.

13. We had great weather here in Stellenbosch for the first day of lectures right in the middle of the Cape Winelands region of South Africa. Here is the view we have as we step outside our lecture venue.

14. Ros Kidd

Ros Kidd Active Member

Truly lovely place, loved it when we were there. Give Bernie Zipfel a hug and a kiss from me.
    Regards
    Ros

15. We had a great discussion with Bernie in the bar last night regarding the position of the calcaneus in-vivo. We also touched on how the world was created in 7 whole days and the ark... ;)

16. Bernie gives his regards to both of you, Ros and Rob. He is a great guy and I believe we will be collaborating in the future...what a wealth of knowledge that man is. Glad I finally got to meet him!!

17. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

This is Ros, not Rob (its his laptop not mine)
    Totally wonderful, the best type of conference.
    Ros

18. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Glad you are talking to Bernie. When we used to drive into work along the Ontdeckkers from the western rand (we had a bag of biltong on the handbrake, to keep us active), Bernie used to suck my brains out for multivariate information. We had conversations like: "so if you use the covariance matrix, and use log transformed variables, we can remove the issues of size related variance" Blah, blah, blah! He is a good boy and was a good student. As his superviser I was party to all the examiners reports. One was from from a gentleman that I regard as God, he certainly walks on water in his spare time, who spoke very highly about him. As it happens, I am having lunch with "God" on Thursday. Bernie will translate for you.

19. Here is what my lovely wife and I are doing after the conference...spending two days viewing wildlife at Sanbona Wildlife Reserve...here are a few of the beautiful animals that what we saw on our first afternoon drive. Fantastic!!

20. Special thanks to Sean Pincus and Brandon Maggen, along with the rest of the Podiatry Association of South Africa, for putting on such a great 10th Biennial Congress in Stellenbosch last weekend and for taking such good care of my lovely wife, Pam, and I during our stay here in beautiful South Africa. It was a great experience for both of us and hope that this conference will help stimulate further development and growthof the podiatry profession here in South Africa in the coming years.

We're now at Cape Town International Airport waiting for the first of our three flights back home to California...we will be back home...hopefully...in only 30 hours from now...:morning:

Until we meet again my South African friends and colleagues!:drinks