Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Addicted to Podiatry Arena

Discussion in 'Podiatry Trivia' started by Cameron, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Netizens

I do find Craig's Podiatry Arena a great source of information and find myself reading it before the newspapers each morning. Thanks again Craig and crew for making this resource so rich and useful.

What say you ?

Cameron
    Hey, what do I know?

2. DaVinci

DaVinci Well-Known Member

You are right. It can get addictive :) - much better than the mindless dribble you can get elsewhere and people actually participate in this forum intelligently.

However, there is also help available:
    Center for Online and Internet Addiction

3. LuckyLisfranc

LuckyLisfranc Well-Known Member

Troublingly, I seem to check into this website (and eBay) for 30 seconds or so, between patients, way too regularly through my day.

I guess when you are banging your head away at the coalface, its nice to know that thousands of like-minded individuals just a click away when you feel the need to seek advice, vent frustration, or get some academic stimulation. :rolleyes:

LL

4. Donna

Donna Active Member

I too have been addicted to Podiatry Arena of late...checking in before work, between patients, after work...

It became slightly disturbing though when, on Saturday night, before I left to go and see the awesome band Gerling :cool: , I found myself logging in *just quickly of course* to check the New Posts...:eek:

So I guess that means that Podiatry Arena rocks almost as much as Gerling :p

PS: CP, that is a massive compliment in case you don't know who Gerling are ;)

5. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Absolutely agree! :)

6. For me, it's nice for me to have another source for intellectual stimulation and to be able to teach on a much larger platform than what I would have available otherwise with my busy practice.

The Podiatry Mailbase that was started about a decade ago by Tony Redmond and others, served its useful purpose for many years in bringing many of us together from around this small planet of ours to share knowledge, stimulate thought and develop a camarederie among like-minded professionals. Many of my best friends within podiatry are those that I became better acquainted with through the Podiatry Mailbase.

Now, Craig Payne and his coworkers have developed Podiatry Arena which, with its more modern format, seems to be very successful at allowing many more individuals to contribute to a wider range of important topics. It is incredible to observe the sheer volume of very valuable information that is being exchanged between foot-health clinicians from many countries on a daily basis here on Podiatry Arena. For those of you who have just recently graduated into podiatry, this simply would not have been possible even 10 years ago.

Having known him for many years now, I know Craig Payne to be a very special individual. His tireless efforts greatly improve the educational level of podiatrists worldwide. Craig and his coworkers deserve a lot of credit for this amazing resource, Podiatry Arena, that positively enhances the intellectual growth of podiatric medicine worldwide. Thanks Craig, and others, for providing this for all of us. :)

7. Admin2

Admin2 Administrator Staff Member

8. drgorgs

drgorgs Member

thank you all of you - for these information
    dr georges awad- syria

9. yehuda

yehuda Active Member

I have learnt more from this site than I could have thought possible a year ago I check in here most days thanks to you all

Yehuda

10. markjohconley

markjohconley Well-Known Member

been away awhile on a holiday...... the addiction is so strong haven't had a shower yet after an eight hour drive and i'm on the bloody ARENA website............. i'm considering putting myself on the "ignore list"

11. Felicity Prentice

Felicity Prentice Active Member

ah.... the aroma of addiction - no, it's definitely a lack of showering

12. John Spina

John Spina Active Member

It is a great website.Keeps my mind sharp.

13. Trent Baker

Trent Baker Active Member

inspired

Having graduated about 6 years ago and studied under such amazing people as Hylton Menz, Tony Redmond, A M Keenan, Karl Landorf and others I felt so lucky to have had such a fantastic grounding in Podiatry. I thought, well it doesn't get better than this. Now being in practice for 5 years I felt myself falling further and further away from the inspired enthusiasm I had for Podiatry under these great teachers. Private practice can do that to even the most eager Podiatrist.

However, having recently found Podiatry Arena, that enthusiasm for sharing ideas and broadening my podiatric horizons has returned and I find myself enrolling in as many conferences and seminars as I can. I'm back from the depths and it was this site that intiated the move.

I have had so much professional growth and experience in the past 6 years and have so many theories and ideas, it's great to be able to air them in an intellegent and accepting forum. Thanks Craig and Co for providing a platform for such an important part of my professional life.

Trent

14. Kenva

Kenva Active Member

There are only few ways to check how things are changing around the globe and Podiatry-Arena is - as addictive as it is :) - farout the best resource nowadays.
    I have to congratulate Craig & Co with their 'baby'. It looks like it's growing out to be grand seeing how fantastic it is today.
    respectfully

Ken

15. fred

fred Member

two good things for me :)

read a lot of information about podiatry and biomechanic
    practice my english :eek:

special thanks for the net traductor even he give me sometimes very strange translation :eek: :p

16. Podomagerit

Podomagerit Member

Thank you very much for this Forum.
    I found here the best resources to improve my knowledge on Podiatry, as well as interesting and stimulating discussions.

Our favourite "kiwi" is going to have a few more addicts due to the new forum branch in Spanish language.

Thank you all (Gracias a todos).

17. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Thank you for the site. I am enjoying reading views from other Pods about so many varied & informative discussions. Is it the same Tony Redmond from Hudds? I graduated in 98 & know he was planning to explore further afield. I just wish I could declare all the hours spent browsing in here as CPD points. Thanks once again,
    Regards :)

18. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

You are addicted to a forum, if..
    • You always have your forum opened in the browser.
    • You restlessly click the “New posts” button, often seeing that there are none
    • You know some of the members better, than your real life friends.
    • Obviously, you are one of the most active members on the forum.
    • You are seriously considering meeting up with the fellow members in RL.
    • You feel like you own at least part of the forum, though you are not getting paid for it.
    • You link to any kind of forum threads often, since you have read or participated in them yourself.

19. Secret Squirrel

Secret Squirrel Active Member

I love this site. I can't get through a day without it! I have only just joined after lurking for a long time.

SS

20. perrypod

perrypod Active Member

Yes, it's great fun and well constructed. Can someone tell me how it all started?

21. dyfoot

dyfoot Active Member

I'm spending so much time on Podiatry Arena that my wife asked me if I'm having an affair with somebody on here!

22. We should set up a Pod arena widows / widowers support group. This place is poison for relationships!

"are you checking that bloody forum again?"

23. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

'Himself' rarely questions my absence :confused:

I reckon 'He' is sending CP money & enjoying the peace.......

:rolleyes:

24. In all seriousness, I would have loved to had an educational forum like "Podiatry Arena" when I was a podiatry student, as long as the really smart biomechanics clinicians (like Mert Root, John Weed, Ron Valmassy, Tom Sgarlato and Chris Smith) were participating. However, the quality of such a forum as Podiatry Arena is only as good as the quality of the people participating and the quality of their postings. Without quality participants making quality postings on the site, Podiatry Arena would be just like all the other sites where there is much more useless fluff, and much less useful scientific and clinical information.

Craig Payne.....you should be very proud of yourself for such an accomplishment.:drinks

25. Leigh Shaw

Leigh Shaw Active Member

I think the fact that 3500 of us have already clicked on the link says alot about the addiction problem you have created ..... Bugger have to see a patient ... be back soon!

26. eiregal

eiregal Member

Oh god what have you done to me - ive only been joined 2 weeks and im now completely addicted - the first thing i do when i get in from work is make a cuppa and log in to podiatry arena. lol

thanks very much for such a great forum

27. ysharman

ysharman Member

Hi
    I would like to say that I have a life outside Podiatry, but since joining the PA it would be a lie!! So many threads, so little time. Brilliant! Thanks
    Yvonne

28. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi again, Sunday 2.05 in arvo.
    Had to write files for 5 hours Saturday! Told mysef how wel I had done! would not have to stay late on Monday!
    Work finished! a whole Suday off!
    Then I log in as the welcoming crew and catch up on a few threads!!
    +#?* just lost 1/2 of Sunday!!
    Cheers

29. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    CNN are reporting:
    Internet addiction linked to ADHD, depression in teens
    Full story

30. weefeemcdee

weefeemcdee Member

I admit to being addicted to this site. I am currently studying to become a Foot Healthcare Practitioner (FHP) and find the Podiatry Arena to be very interesting. So 'thankyou to everyone who post on this site'. I am so glad to be a member as I am learning loads.

Perhaps withdrawal from access to this site may cause anxiety & irritability. In which case I will have to continue regular viewing of the Podiatry Arena for the sanity of my family. ;)

31. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:
    Press Release:
    Internet addiction affects 6 percent of people worldwide