Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Uk pod wanting to work in aus

Discussion in 'Australia' started by LBFoot, Jan 8, 2014.

1. LBFoot

LBFoot Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi. I posted a long time ago, I'm thinking of coming to live and work in Australia. I'm 37 and will be bringing my 13 year old son. I'm a uk pod and have worked for 6 years in NHS and have run a private practice. Can somone give me guidance on visa where to find work etc, how easy it is. Money I can expect to earn, etc.

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
  3. DAVOhorn

DAVOhorn Well-Known Member

Hi LB Foot.

In 2006 at the ripe old age of 48 I was able to get a sponsor for an E 457 visa.

This guaranteed a minimum of £55,000.00 Aus per annum.

Through hard work and a degree of competence I was able to get this over $100,000.00 Aus . It was possible to earn more if you went down the Bio Mech and Sports route. I was Diabetes Wound Care in the Practice I worked in. This was a large PP in Sydney.

Aus is a very expensive place to live.

Where I lived and worked in Sydney the median house price was 1.4 million which was 14 times my income. Interest rates are double here

I would look at Tasmania, stunningly beautiful and very English. Also Queensland north of Brisbane.

Adelaide is very pretty and affordable.

Perth is as expensive as Sydney.

A friend moved to near Brisbane a bout an hour inland from coast in about 2008. He and his family love it. he bought a successful Osteopathic Practice and does very well. He was very well capitalised when he moved there.

I enjoyed my 4 years in Aus, but much prefer to live here in semi rural Suffolk. Life here is much easier than Sydney.

If you look on the Jobs Australia here you will see opportunities to get jobs. I understand that recently Podiatry has fallen down the list of essential jobs for the 457 visa.

Have a look at : domain.com.au for details on housing for both rental and buying housing in Aus.

David:drinks