Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Saskatchewan can UK trained Pods work here

Discussion in 'Canada' started by mandyt, Apr 12, 2010.

1. mandyt

mandyt Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi Everyone

Can UK trained Podiatrists work in Saskatchewan?

I would be grateful for any answers, and any info on the areas

thank you very much

2. Graham

Graham RIP

Yes they can

3. Bellmont

Bellmont Member

UK Trained Podiatrists can also work in Manitoba. We currently have a position available for a Podiatrist here in Manitoba.

If you are interested please Email your CV with recent photograph to Drbellmont@mymts.net.

4. axel

axel Welcome New Poster

The short answer is YES
    The Saskatchewan College of Podiatrists is the regulating body for podiatry in Saskatchewn Canada. You can get all the necessary details on their website www.scop.ca for queirs of what education requirements are needed for registration, and the relevant application forms can be found on the site also.

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Axel

5. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

What area of Saskatchewan are you considering?

6. greatwhite

greatwhite Active Member

I know this is an old topic, but is it easier to say where can you not work? I was under the impression you could work in most areas of Canada?

7. bpod

bpod Active Member

Currently, to the best of my knowledge, BC and Alberta only take DPM degrees with some residency requirements. The West is off limits for anyone other than American trained podiatrists.

Sue Davidge

8. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

yes but man its cold out there you will freeze your nuts off for 1/2 ayear its like ice road truckers no trees for 3.5 million square miles average milage for dom visit1000 miles i think its quite ahard place to live abit like oklahoma but freezing.

9. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

lol Saskatchewan is a great place to live! I've never seen an ice road or done a dom visit, and our economy is doing really well. We have over 100,000 lakes (take that Minnesota). We have 130,000 square miles of forest (Great Britain is 93,000 square miles).

Oh and we only freeze our nuts off for 1/3 of the year.

10. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

how cold does it get i would love to fish in all your lakes i was leg pulling abit regards.

11. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

lol, I know. It does get bloody cold. Right now it's -30C, usually it's -3 around now though. If you love fishing this is a great place to be.