Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

QUT, CSU, SCU OR LATROBE

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Futurepod92, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Futurepod92

Futurepod92 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi all,
    I just completed a bachelor of health science degree and want to do a degree in podiatry, i have currently been offered a place at
    Charles sturt and Southern Cross University
    However im not sure how much i will get credited

Im waiting on offers from Latrobe as i live in victoria which is 4 years unless i get credited 1 year which im unsure of at the moment, which course is best given my circumstance? QUT graduate entry is only 2.5 years.. will there be any advantage of me doing a Bachelor of allied health/ Master of podiatric medicine at latrobe as opposed to bachelor of podiatry graduate entry at QUT?

Also what do you guys see the future of podiatry to be like in Australia? I have noticed that countries such as in the U.S have a greater emphasis on podiatry and its a specialization following medical school .. is it likely there will be any future growth in the field as such in Australia as the population increases?

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.
    :santa2:

2. Boots n all

Boots n all Well-Known Member

Why not consider a degree in Pedorthics or a double Pedorthic/Podiatry degree, only available at SCU.

Demand for qualified Pedorthist is high, for a number of years now facilities are hiring overseas Pedorthists to fill the gaps.

http://courses.scu.edu.au/courses/bachelor-of-pedorthics

3. DMax

DMax Member

Have you looked into "Master of Podiatric Practice" at La Trobe? It's only 2 years:

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/courses/podiatry/postgraduate

4. trevor

trevor Active Member