Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Shadowing?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by bigfootrich, May 31, 2016.

1. bigfootrich

bigfootrich Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi

I'm a prospective podiatry student. I am hoping to study at Brighton next year, 2017.

This will be a career change for me, and one I'll be entering a little later in life, at the age of 38. So I'll have to balance studies with family life and still doing some work in order to pay the bills and keep student loans to a minimum, as it seems NHS funding and bursaries are ending.

Brighton require prospective students to have shadowed qualified podiatrists, in order to find out more about the role, etc. This then needs to be stated in the application, personal statement, and of course, at interview.

I live in Ashford, Kent, and would like to ask if there is anyone that would be willing to let me shadow them? I can travel, and am pretty good at making tea and coffee...if that helps.

This career path means a lot to me, and I want to do everything possible to be accepted at university and ultimately become a good podiatrist. I'm currently studying an access course via distance learning, so the jigsaw is being pieced together slowly.

Please get in touch if you can help in any way.

Kind regards

Richard

2. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

Hi Richard

I'm probably too far (Norfolk/Suffolk), but you're welcome to come and shadow (mine's a coffee first thing then tea for the rest of day ;) )

PM me if you're interested

Regards
    Ian

3. blinda

blinda MVP

Always happy to have prospective students shadowing, if you`re prepared to travel to Winchester....and buy me beer.:drinks

4. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

Thought you'd stopped drinking in clinic Bel? Look forward to some surgical spirits next week :drinks

5. bigfootrich

bigfootrich Welcome New Poster

Thanks to you both.

I'm sending you both a message to hopefully arrange both :)

It'll be good for me to you both, and will show more willing to the Uni hopefully.

Happy to make teas/coffees...and say thank you with beer! Lol

6. Shortie

Shortie Welcome New Poster

Hi Richard

Welcome to the world of Pods (it's fab!)

I qualified last year from uni of Northampton and I was a mature student with a farmer for a hubby and 2 young children, so I'm proof it can be done! It's very hard work but very worth it.

You've found two great people to shadow and From 'knowing' of Belinda from FB pod pages you'll definitely come away with a wealth of knowledge . I'm qualified but even I would happily shadow Belinda any day

Good luck with everything

K

7. blinda

blinda MVP

So contact me, 'K'. Let's make a date.