Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Distance-learning course please!

Discussion in 'Teaching and Learning' started by LILIANLFW, Jan 9, 2013.

1. LILIANLFW

LILIANLFW Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'm a pedicurist and love foot therapy. I would like to study podiatry as a distance-learning course. Any recommendation for a beginner? Thank you!

2. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Hi,

You don't say which country you are from.
    In the UK there are distance-learning courses which will qualify you to treat feet up to a certain level.

Your best bet is to Google search.

3. LILIANLFW

Thank you!
    I'm from HK but now living in Johannesburg, South Africa.
    I will google it but does anything has the info. in hand?

Many thanks!
    Lilian

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    If you want to practice in South Africa as a Podiatrist, then there is no distance learning course that will get you qualified enough to practice there. You have no choice but to go to the University of Johannesburg (see this)

5. LILIANLFW

Many thanks, Craig!

6. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

dont bother do it properley no short cuts to quality except in uk

7. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

Unnecessary post - the OP has no option but to do a degree in SA.

8. LILIANLFW

Thank you for all your comments and advise!:drinks