Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Primary Care 2015

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Simon Ross, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Simon Ross

Simon Ross Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I notice that there is a talk on the Friday, "Assessment and treatment of foot OA"

Folks, in PP, except for padding to deflect pressure away from joints, how can we treat OA in PP? being realistic!

2. Ian Drakard

Ian Drakard Active Member

Odd question. Rather depends on which joints we're talking about, the underlying mechnics and the stage/degree of joint degeneration doesn't it?

As a starter for treatment modalities (in no particular order) try orthotics of varying design, joint mobilisations, exercises to change forces acting on the OA joints, footwear advice/fitting/modification, injections etc.

3. Catfoot

Catfoot Well-Known Member

I think it's a rather pointless question, personally.

After all, I doubt there will be any Pods present on Thursday, as they will all be winging their way to Preston to see Mark Russell perform in court again. :rolleyes:

4. Doogle

Doogle Active Member

You are obsesed with Mark:D:empathy:

As a student i think it is important to understand hat the hcpc does and he has given us different views, which is good.

5. Catfoot

Doogle,
    As a student maybe you should be obsessed with spelling?

:D

6. Doogle

Doogle Active Member

and as a qualified poditrist maybe you should be less bitter and twisted. All your posts are full of p155 & vinegar :santa:

7. Catfoot

Doogle,

maybe, but I have a job and I can spell !!:D

8. Griff

Griff Moderator

Attached Files:

9. Doogle

Doogle Active Member

[​IMG]

10. Catfoot

Oh dear Doogle, there really are a lot of mirrors in your house !

You tell me all my posts are full of p!$$ & vinegar, and that I'm a rude b!£ch and I'm the one who's being rude ???:confused:

Gee whizz, it doesn't look to me like your FHP training helped you develop your logic. did it? :D

11. Doogle

Doogle Active Member

[​IMG]