Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Thomas Michaud's book : Foot Orthoses and Other Forms of Conservative Foot Care

Discussion in 'Podiatry and Related Books' started by Petcu Daniel, Jul 31, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Griff

Griff Moderator

Ordered my copy today - conversion via Paypal was £64 (including P+P)

2. I'll get your sp on it and then ask Santa if necessary.

3. JD

JD Member

Hi, Ian G
    Who did you purchase your new Michaud book from? Can seem to get it for less than £80. Please advise. Thanks.

JD

4. JD

JD Member

Hi, Tom. Great that you've finished your new book Human Locomotion. Can I order three copies directly from you? If so, what'll be the price, please?

5. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

Hi Simon,
    Thanks for taking a look at the book and ref 27 in chap 6 is Nigg B, Cole G, Nachbauer W. Effects of arch height of the foot on angular motion of the lower extremities in running. J Biomechs. 1993;26:909-916. It could also have been Nawoczenski D, Saltzman, C, Cook T. The effect of foot structure on the three-dimensional kinematic coupling behavior of the leg and rear foot. Phys Ther. 1997;78,404-416. I'm not sure why I picked the former b/c I like Deb's work a lot more. The $100 is USD but if you're interested, I plan on selling it for the rest of the year to people from Podiatry Arena for the student price of $80. I can't lower the shipping as that's what it costs to go from Boston to Australia. You definitely won't need any of the foot/ankle info but I think you'd like the research on joints in the hip and pelvis.
    Thanks,
    Tom

6. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

Thanks for the interest and I can sell 3 books at the student price of $80 each. I looked into discounts on shipping and I can't get the shipping price to go down unless it's a bulk order of 15 or more. Even then, it only goes down to around $20 per book. The website isn't set up for different prices but you can just click on the student price and don't worry about providing a valid student email. As I told Simon, I'll keep the price to people from Podiaty arena at $80 for the rest of the year.
    Regards,
    Tom

7. ...................................................

8. Griff

Griff Moderator

Well my book came today - that's 12 days from Massachusetts, US. to Hertfordshire, UK. Very impressive.

First impressions are good. Very nicely bound and presented. Haven't really delved into it yet, but did my usual litmus test and skipped to the bit about the 'distal transverse metatarsal arch'. Pleased with what I read, which made a lovely change. I have a feeling this book and I are going to get on rather well.

Great job Tom.

9. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

Thanks Ian. Glad it made it there so fast.
    Best,
    Tom

10. CraigT

CraigT Well-Known Member

Mine arrived today (in Doha) after ordering on the 27th... I think that is more impressive!
    Thanks Tom!

11. thefootfairy

thefootfairy Welcome New Poster

Hi,
    Could you please send me an email when this book is available too please?
    I am in need of a good resource on orthotics as I am due to become a fully fledged podiatrist this year!
    Many thanks

12. Rob Kidd

Rob Kidd Well-Known Member

Many years ago at The University of Western Sydney's Podiatry department, Tom did a day course for graduates. Such was the forward thinking of the time - we got paid in text books! Outside your square people, that is where one needs to be - everyone kicked a goal. Rob

13. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

Hi,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. You can get the book for the student price at www.humanlocomotion.org. Good luck with your last year in podiatry school.
    Best,
    Tom

14. Lab Guy

Lab Guy Well-Known Member

USPS has lowest shipping rate for books. Make sure you tell them it is a book your shipping.

I will have to order book as well.

Steven

15. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

Hey Steven,
    USPS is great but they don't do media mail from US to Australia so it still costs about $30 USD per book to ship. That's why I've tried to keep the price down with the student prices. Let me know if you've heard of a cheaper shipping price as it's always seemed high to me.
    Best,
    Tom

16. vnsriram

vnsriram Welcome New Poster

Is the new michaud's book a update starting from the basics or would your recommend newbies read the first book and then the second book? Thanks,

17. tommichaud

tommichaud Member

The new book is a complete rewrite so the old one isn't necessary.
    Thanks