Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Masters in Clinical Biomechanics

Discussion in 'Teaching and Learning' started by donxu, Jul 29, 2013.

1. donxu

donxu Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Does anyone know of any UK Masters courses in biomechanics and related areas, which can be done in a distance learning format?

2. Griff

Griff Moderator

3. donxu

donxu Welcome New Poster

Thanks Ian

the universities you sent me all provide a masters in the biomechanics area. however my only concern is that i would like to take on the masters on a part time distance learning method - and none of the universities provide such an option. :wacko:

4. NewPod2013

NewPod2013 Welcome New Poster

Hi,

I've been looking for the same thing.

So far the best I've found is at Huddersfield where you only have to attend 3 x one week blocks a year (in Oct, Feb and April) at the University. The rest is done via distance learning.

http://www.hud.ac.uk/courses/part-time/postgraduate/podiatry-msc/

Let me know how you get on.

F

5. bmjones1234

bmjones1234 Active Member

6. Griff

Griff Moderator

You need to investigate things more - I know at least 2-3 of the institutions on my list do offer a distance learning format. However, there will usually always be the requirement to attend at least 10-14 days a year, whether that be block weeks or 5-6 weekends.

7. N.Knight

N.Knight Active Member

I am currently at at Brighton and my modules I have taken require 1 week on site then rest from home.

Nick

8. Smudger

Smudger Welcome New Poster

Staffordshire University does a masters in Clinical Podiatric Biomechanics taking between 2 and 5 years to complete. I began this course a few years ago but had to stop due to personal reasons, however I did study as distance learning and had to attend 5 or 6 weekends a year. Hope this helps.