Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Medicare online claiming for home visits

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by Liz C, Sep 11, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Liz C

Liz C Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Heya all,
    Question regarding claiming through medicare for EPC visits. Currently i claim electronically for my in clinic clients, but wondering if anyone knows the policy for home visits or visits to a retirement village? I know i cannot claim for 'in hospital' but this is not in hospital.

I cant find a straight answer on medicare's website and we all know i will probably get very different answers everytime i call medicare.

thanks in advance!

liz

2. Cameron

Cameron Well-Known Member

Liz

To the best of my knowledge podiatrists cannot claim for a home visit (currently there is no allocation for podiatry). You can however claim (19062) for a podiatry assessment/treatment which takes place in the home of the client.

Hope this helps
    toeslayer

3. Liz C

Liz C Member

Thanks, sorry probably didn't make myself clear. I am only wanting to claim a 10962 and bulk bill it. I'm more asking if I am allowed to claim it electronically? As the pt won't be there at the clinic?

4. surfboy

surfboy Active Member

Yea there's no problem with it. Technically you should get the patient to sign a voucher for records, however even though patients are supposed to sign according to the DHS rules, there is no requirement to keep the signed voucher if the claim is lodged electronically - go figure!!

5. Mediclinic Software

Mediclinic Software Active Member

Hi Liz. YES YOU CAN claim electronically and our software permits that.

Medicare is a standard 10962 whether that be In Clinic or Home or Nursing home whatever. It is a PODIATRY MEDICARE CLAIM CODE. If you claim electronically though, you must accept BULK BILLED CLAIMING. that means it is naughty if you claim or accept an additional GAP FEE.

Our system also permit DVA Online Claiming and the treatment code is usually F057 for aged care services (Low Care only DVA residents) as High Care are paid for by the home. You can also claim the extras you may be entitled to.

6. ASAPPod

ASAPPod Member

Sorry sorry are you asking if you can claim any more for home visits or if there is a special code or Medicare payment for home visits...?

Yes there is a DVA special / additional payment for DVA eligible patients

7. Mediclinic Software

Mediclinic Software Active Member

DVA allows F033 for Home visits PRIVATE patients. Travel has since be deleted by DVA. We do not know of any other code you may charge. Medicare DOES not permit another charge

If the patient is a resident in Aged Care then there is F057 and you cannot charge anything else for travel.