Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Practice Management Sotware

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by CHughes, Jan 15, 2014.

1. CHughes

CHughes Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am in the process of upgrading to a practice management software program. Can anyone give me some advice of what types of programs are out there and which ones are more Podiatry specific and user friendly?

2. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    In Australia, Frontdesk is probably the most widely used.

3. CHughes

CHughes Welcome New Poster

Hi Craig, do you use Frontdesk? If so do you find it practical and easy to use? Thanks Craig.

4. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    The wife uses it in her clinic and we used it in the University clinic; its easy to use (I am tempted to say something like, if the wife can use it then anyone can..... but shes in the room at the moment!).

5. Hi there for England, I use the Chiropody Data System Version which I bought from Canonbury products !

You can use photos for patients on this one, which I find really useful

Caroline the Welsh Pod

6. joelfriedlaender

joelfriedlaender Active Member

Hi,

I'm from Cliniko (http://www.cliniko.com). We have a lot of podiatrists using our software, it's very easy to use and very affordable. It's also completely web-based, so you can access from anywhere, use on any device, etc.

I won't bore you with any more of a sales pitch but there's a free 30 day trial if you're interested to have a look.

Joel

7. Lorcan

Lorcan Active Member

We have just started using Cliniko in past month. Very impressed so far. Free prompt helpdesk and thé online booking means we're open 24/7. Give the free month a go. That's what we did.
    Check our website to see online booking in action.
    www.achillescliniccork.com

8. I started to use Practice Studio by Centaur but found it very long winded to do a simple thing.
    It is also just modified to suit Podiatry as it is a Dental program, so I had all the dental item numbers and letter templates to navigate and found I was doing the editing to suit our needs.
    I stopped using it and they weren't very happy, so shop around until you are comfortable with what you want.

The free trial software seems to be a good idea, I just need to learn more patience.

9. Tooban

Tooban Welcome New Poster

The problem with providers like cliniko are that they don't recognise that most people work part time since most pods are female, so they charge you for the number of users ie the nos of pods you have working. And if someone leaves, I'm not sure they then reduce the fee. In our place we have only females - all mums working part time and the cost is prohibitive. They consider we have. X nos of users even though none of them work more than 20 hours a week, some only 4 - our FTE is maybe 4. So they punish you for being that kind of business, ( a female business???) and they punish you for growth. At $200+ a month it's just not worth it, and you have to go with Smartsoft which is stable but expensive and they impose extra charges each year. A rock and a hard place.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  10. joelfriedlaender

joelfriedlaender Active Member

I'm sorry to hear you've found our pricing prohibitive. It is designed for the scenario you mention (part-time practitioners), most our customers operate in this way.

Our pricing model does scale cheaper as you go to the higher plans (less per person) to help as well.

It's not that I'm thinking that this extra information is going to sway you, obviously the price is either suitable for your situation or not. I just wanted to let you know it's not by neglect for your set up, it's something we've definitely considered.

We need a price that works for us as a business and is also good value for our customers, we think our pricing does this for most businesses.

Sorry it hasn't worked for you!

Joel
    Cliniko

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015
  11. BillW

BillW Active Member

Is anyone using Gensolve?

12. Zac

Zac Active Member

Hi Bill. Im seriously looking into Gensolve as they will shorty be connecting electronically to HICAPS/Medicare which for me is the biggest drawback of most of the other Cloud systems.

13. Mediclinic Software

Mediclinic Software Active Member

Hi. I would like to introduce ourselves as we have DVA and Medicare ONLINE claiming integrated and we are CLOUD based and securely stored in AUSTRALIA. Our pricing is competitive and we have small practice packages.

Our Gateway is in Melbourne and all data is stored in Sydney on AMAZON servers. We are allied health specific with offices overseas as well.

www.mediclinic.com.au