Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Usage policy of Podiatry Arena

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by Lovefeet, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    If posts on Podiatry Arena are deleted because of name-associations to other users, then surely it is appropriate to remove all posts that refer to people as internet troll/ troll.....

Or are the set of rules different for different users?????

2. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

You need to get over yourself. I have a lot of emails from a lot of people, most of whom I do not even know asking that I ban you.

All that has happened in this thread: http://www.podiatry-arena.com/podiatry-forum/showthread.php?t=86655 is that I removed a lot of posts from a number of different people who were not on the topic of the original post. Most of the posts removed were not even yours.

There are no different sets of rules for different people. No conspiracy. No favoritism. Just pragmatism.

3. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

Dear Admin,
    If that is the case, why have you not removed BLinda post referring to me as an internet troll... or is that perfectly acceptable for her to refer to me as an internet troll. Fair is fair....

Thank you

4. admin

I missed that one. Its been removed now.

5. David Smith

David Smith Well-Known Member

I think the difference is that some people speak the truth and others just make trouble for the hell of it and that is a discernment that could be made by Admin IMO of course:deadhorse:

Dave

6. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

Thank you Admin......

7. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

8. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Just a thought...... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. David Smith

Mandy

Like that!

Dave

10. I'd humbly opine that there is a difference between opinion and abuse. For example a troll has a rather clear definition as

You lovefeet have posted nothing of any clinical or theoretical interest or value since you've blighted this forum with your presence (IMHO). All you've done is complain bitterly about the scp, hpc, fhps, and any other acronym you could think of. Also, you appear to take delight in doing so in a particularly petulant and combatative manner.

I think that on this basis, the definition of a troll is fair comment as you seem to be here purely to pick a fight and thrive on the attention your fatuous ramblings have brought you. You must be very happy.

I find admin to be very even handed. Perhaps however this is a mistake. Perhaps people who have contribute much wisdom knowledge time and wit to this community SHOULD be granted more leeway as they have shown that they offer more than simple provocation.

Just a thought.

11. Robert:

I think that the term "troll", using your definition above, very accurately describes the behavior of the anonymous individual, Lovefeet, on Podiatry Arena up to this point.

12. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

Hello Admin......folk are calling me internet troll.......are you going to do anything about it....???

13. rosherville

rosherville Active Member

Why a problem ? In the event that you believe a post/poster is not up to the mark, simply ignore, don't respond.

14. David Smith

Yeah, you're not wrong Rosh, I've just hit the ignore button on lovefeet. Suggest mass ignore is the best solution (if only I can ignore my curiosity DoH! :eek:)

PS what would be really good is the ignore makes the post and poster invisible so that I don't even know that I'm ignoring the post I want to ignore, then I won't be curious as to what I'm ignoring :eek:

If you see what I mean:D

15. Yep - same morbid curiosity that compels people rubbernecking a car wreck on a motorway or a suicide over a bridge. There's just something about a human disaster that fascinates....Schadenfreude or what?

16. blinda

blinda MVP

Trend setter me ;)

Tell you what irks somewhat though; I can still see what is written when other posters, quite unwittingly, quote the drivel when they respond to trolls ( I have a few on my `ignore list`). Maybe I should have a hissy fit and demand that Admin do something about it. Nah, Craig has far better things to do with his time, I`m sure.

17. Lovefeet

Lovefeet Banned

BLinda, you are aware that the HCPC are aware of your conduct and will deal with it accordingly.

Admin, Moderator, folk are referring to me as an internet troll could you do something about it please.

18. Actually, strictly speaking, they're not.

They're describing what constitutes an Internet troll. The annoying purile anonymous cretins who go on forums not to enhance the community, to offer anything, but simply to complain, divert, distract, offend and generally spoil what others were enjoying.

Then they were discussing their views of your posts on this forum.

If you see a resemblance between these two then it should perhaps cause some reflection. If you don't consider that the above description of the Internet troll applies to you, then you have no reason to take offence do you.

19. Admin, do. Going to "buy admin a beer" now, I'd like you to drink it as I reflect on your saint like patience.

THAT is what you should do about this!

20. admin

Its 6.00AM in the morning, so that is probably not a good idea. A coffee would be better while I contemplate what to do about this. I have been asleep for the last 8 or so hrs (so don't complain about my inaction), a re-run of the Thunderbirds is on; the Arena'ettes will be up soon; and the 1000 Steps is beckoning ....

The thread is closed

In the meantime, i ask all to reflect on Roberts post:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.