Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Autoclave servicing

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Staffordfootcare, Apr 9, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Staffordfootcare

Staffordfootcare Welcome New Poster

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I wonder if any of you fabulous people out there can provide me with autoclave service engineer companies in the UK. I have an enigma autoclave and I'm really not very happy with the company that I bought it from, so I'm looking for another company who would offer a servicing contract in the midlands area.

Please can anyone help me!!!

2. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Hi & :welcome: to Podiatry Arena,

I use The Dental Buying Group (DBG) for my autoclave servicing & pressure test. Annual pressure test plus 6 monthly servicing (not including parts) £478.00.

I would recommend them.

Membership services: 0845 0066112

Kind regards,

Mandy.

3. Joe Bean

Joe Bean Active Member

Bugger and I thought I was paying a lot!

4. citychiropody

citychiropody Member

I use independent inspections .. There a bit cheaper and come twice a year

5. Staffordfootcare

Staffordfootcare Welcome New Poster

Who do you use Joe?

6. simonfeet

simonfeet Active Member

I,like one of your other responders uses Independent Inspections. I think twirly's getting ripped off! BTW noticed you're in South Yorks & the above company is based in South Herts.

7. twirly

twirly Well-Known Member

Possibly. My thoughts (for what they're worth). All work guaranteed. Certificate includes insurances against all bad stuff like explosions killing patients (& me)! I have been offered pressure testing by another company used by a colleague for £75.00 per year but sounded a wee bit dodgy.

Also on the plus side was last year when autoclave broke down the engineer was in my clinic performing a repair within 12 hours.

Please share, how much are you paying? I am happy to shop around if I think a better professional deal is to be made.

Kindest regards,

Mandy.

PS. Contracted until 2013 January.

8. lottie

lottie Active Member

I am also very unhappy with the cost of servicing my enigma machine. The manufacturer charges a fortune. Does anyone know of an autoclave engineer that will service my enigma my practice is based in Angus Scotland.
    :wacko:

9. Kyrret

Kyrret Active Member

I need one in South Lincolnshire. Any ideas?

10. jane.e.benson

jane.e.benson Active Member

I use Canonbury, last year they charged £297. I'm not sure if they do all types of sterilizer. Better than Escmann ( the manufacturers of my SES 2000)

11. Kyrret

Kyrret Active Member

Thanks Jane. I contacted Canonbury some time ago and they put me on a list (on the wall I think) for when they were in the area and I never heard any more from them.

12. alanpackwood

alanpackwood Member

Hi, I also have an Enigma machine and agree the annual fee for pressure testing and servicing at just over £600 is high. However, I have found their service very good, when my machine broke down I had a replacement couriered to be the next day. I have tried other service engineers but so far no one has said they would be able to service the Enigma machine due to not having parts etc.

If you have any luck would be interested to know the details of the company.

Rgds

Alan

13. simonfeet

simonfeet Active Member

Isn't it ridiculous that 4 years service of the enigma would pay for the machine! Can you imagine putting up with this with a car? After all what is an autoclave but a glorified pressure cooker with some basic electrics that one could purchase a Maplins!

14. Anne Stephens

Anne Stephens Member

I use QA Dental Engineers ( based in Newark) for servicing my autovlaves. They were recommended by my Dentist who has used them for several years and I have been very happy with their service. I use a different firm (B-Safe, based in Grantham) for the statutory inspection reports and, again, I am very happy with them

I hope this is of help

15. Blue123

Blue123 Active Member

Has anyone found a good service contract since this post for the ENIGMA Autoclave?