Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

How is this for 'running form'?

Discussion in 'Podiatry Trivia' started by Craig Payne, Jul 17, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:

Attached Files:

2. Call social services, how dare you let them run in shoes with heels. They're only children for pity's sake. It's so unnatural for children of their age to be wearing shoes.

3. I like this photo of them better giving Uncle Simon a big hug last year in Manchester.

4. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

I love the way she managed to go have her hair dyed between heel strike and toe off. So girly!!!

5. ggm2011

ggm2011 Member

Are they part of the Australia Olympic team? Go on team Payne!

6. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    12 months later, I not seeing any improvement in their 'form'! ... but look at how much fun they having!

Attached Files:

7. BEN-HUR

BEN-HUR Well-Known Member

I can... there looks to be a longer stride (going by the photos i.e. higher heel lift with 'blue pants' & greater back leg extension for 'pink pants') which looks to be more efficient than the more shuffling form of the previous year. They probably did a faster time this year (??). They are twins I believe - much difference in time between the two?

Maybe work on the midfoot strike for next year i.e. that "100 up running drill" should do the trick ;)... you started a thread on this here - http://www.podiatry-arena.com/podiatry-forum/showthread.php?t=79409

Then progress to plyometric work for the easy run days... along with weekly sessions of 2 X track sessions, 2 X long runs, 1 X hill session... healthy diet (i.e. think plants)... & don't forget the ice baths... & you'll have world beaters for the future. Moving to the Great Rift Valley region (i.e. Eldoret or Iten) in Kenya may also help :rolleyes:.

Most importantly... keep it fun!

All the best!

8. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    2 yrs on and there is not much improvement in the 'form' ... but look at the smiles!

Attached Files:

9. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

They are just gorgeous Craig and great action shots. I love the commitment to hand posture and with a good bit of paediatric variation in rotation going on.

Steph looks more and more like you. I can see Monica has her game face on....probably why this calc aphoyisitis thing is going on and a bit tricky. I guess, calming it down a little only makes her go harder. Good luck with that!

10. Craig Payne

Craig Payne Moderator

Articles:
    If there is one thing I have learnt about Severs as a parent rather than a clinician is the importance of- and difficulty of managing activity levels.