Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Feet first, our NHS is limping towards privatisation

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by NewsBot, Aug 16, 2016.

1. NewsBot

NewsBot The Admin that posts the news.

Articles:

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    https://www.theguardian.com/comment...s-privatisation-podiatry-diabetic-amputations

2. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

I am not a guardian reader , but this an accurate picture of whats going on across the country. The ccgs produce new service specification and remove elderly vunerable people from thier care. I have a Gp friend who states the writing is on the wall for nhs podiatry its all about matrons and district nurses preventing hospital addmisions podiatry never gets a mention. I started a new practice about 14 months ago in a new area because nhs provision was removed. I have no appts and am fully booked under as much pressure as where i do nhs work . I have never known times like these.

3. blinda

blinda MVP

Indeed. With regards to the article, much as I like Graham, offering podiatry treatment (not just nail cutting) for 10 pounds a pop is poor show. Private practices in Soton have been suffering as a direct result of this for years.

Wouldn`t it be super if we had a professional body that could represent all its members equally and promote unity within the profession by instigating meaningful discussion on `fee paying podiatry in the NHS setting`between PPs and NHS colleagues?

4. fishpod

fishpod Well-Known Member

Hi Blinda 10 quid is a disgrace for an nhs pod to see a punter for anything the cost is 20 pounds per contact. so this nhs clinic is running at a loss. the staff wages on costs pensions .
    10 pounds just does not cover the cost. so why do it. i run nhs contracts and would go bankrupt at 10 pounds per contact.It would not even cover the sick pay maternity bill. this would not cover costs in hull never mind southhampton.