Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Antiquarian, old, rare and secondhand books and journals...

Discussion in 'Podiatry and Related Books' started by DrBob, Jul 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. DrBob

DrBob Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Are there any podiatrists who are collectors of rare, antiquarian or secondhand books lurking out there? Keen to make contact.

2. MJJ

MJJ Active Member

I don't have much of a collection but have thought that it would be nice to start one. The oldest I have is the 6th edition of Scholl's Dictionary of the Foot from 1941. I also have Runting's Practical Chiropody, 6th ed, 1943; and Rossignol and Holliday's A Pharmacopoeia for Chiropodists, 3rd ed, 1944.

3. Andrew Fryc

Andrew Fryc Member

Hi
    Have one by E.D. Belbin called 'The Practical Chiropodist'
    published by The New Era Publishing Co. Ltd. London (1940's?)
    Cheers:drinks

4. I have a reasonable library dating back to the early 1900's, why do you ask?

5. europod

europod Welcome New Poster

Hi There fellow pods

I have quite a collection of old Books & Journals.
    I have Franklin Charlsworth , Chiropody Theory & Practice 2nd edition 1938
    also the Third edition 1947, (this is the one to have, I found it in a junk shop and paid £2.00).
    I have a Zacharie on the human foot circa 1876
    I also have books by Runting, Hanby & Walker, Scholl and Morton. et al

I would be interested in a first edition of Neil`s if any one has one to sell.

Regards
    EUROPOD

6. drbill95

drbill95 Welcome New Poster

I have original bound (not a copy) of " A TREATISE ON CORNS, BUNIONS, THE DISEASES
    OF NAILS, AND THE GENERAL MANAGEMENT OF THE FEET" by Lewis Durlacher..surgeon chiroopodist (by special appointment) to the Queen. Published by Philadelphia: Lea & Blanchard 1845. The story behind this $2.50 purchase in 1961 in an old bookstore in LA is very unusual. I am now looking to give it to one of the podiatry schools that has a podiatry history archive....Bill

7. Tkemp

Tkemp Active Member

a collection in process.
    Are you thinking of starting a book club where we gather and discuss one each month?!?

8. drbill95

drbill95 Welcome New Poster

I am disappointed that there has been no response to my post of 9-29-10.....dr bill

9. I'm trying to track down the first mention of the talar head congruence method for finding sub talar neutral. Would anyone with a book older than 1972 mind having a flick through and see if its there? Much thanks!