Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Frontdesk out. Mediclinic or Coreplus any opinions

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by Geoffo, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Geoffo

Geoffo Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have given up on Frontdesk after 17 years. I just don't trust them to look after MY interests anymore. Sick of being treated like a second rate customer because I don't have a service plan, even though I pay $396 per hour every time I need help.

So have decided its cheaper to use a diffent package. Does anyone have any experience with Mediclinic or Coreplus? Thanks

2. joelfriedlaender

joelfriedlaender Active Member

Hi,

I'm from Cliniko, so I won't give my opinion on which is good. I just thought I'd pop in so you can have a look at our system too! https://www.cliniko.com.

We have a free trial that you can start from our website in about 30 seconds, so you can see for yourself if our system would work for you.

Our support is unlimited and free too.

Joel
    Cliniko

3. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

That is a big decision! Good luck! Cloud based is the only way that I will move forward!

I have FD for about 11 years! pay my monthly subscription and use the help desk regularly.

Integrating with secure messaging has been hard work and my ITGURU has spent many hours and me many dollars,,,,

logging in via VPN, requiring hard ware upgrades, servers, back ups all takes much more time and energy and dollars than cloud based

Podiatry Hive - is writing a Podiatry specific program at this time? may not be ready for 12 months? may be worth checking in with them? It sounds like a good way to go.

After listening to much discussion on this subject, there appears to be "large" holes in each system's capabilities? A bit like comparing health funds? Depends what is important to you personally?

It will be good to hear from colleagues.

cheers

4. Geoffo

Geoffo Member

Thanks Heather.

Definitely a big decision. Was helped by the email I received from Frontdesk pointing out my shortcomings as a customer. Anyway have gone with Coreplus, I joined before this post was put out there. (so thank you to the companies that contacted me). Cloud based seems to have solved all my problems with satellite practices online bookings, and is about $5000 cheaper than my previous quote. So far am pretty happy. Data is being transferred soon. Medicare has had a few issues reconnecting, but should be back online today. Not as slick as frontdesk, but way more practical and affordable in my situation. The startup costs are amazing. The fact that my laptop blowing up will no longer require 6 months of therapy, outweighs the downsides. I am sure any of the cloud based programmes would be excellent. Wish this was around when I was first starting up. The free trial most programmes offer would be hugely beneficial when money is tight.

5. Tim Foran

Tim Foran Active Member

Heather I use Medical Objects for secure messaging. Very easy to use and simple to set up. Instead of Frontdesk document template I do a Word template for the messaging. It paid itself off in 1 month. No more postage costs.

6. trevor

trevor Active Member

We run Front desk and have a customer support package.
    Last month our server crashed just before end of day and our regular back-up time.
    The Front desk support folks did a great job restoring the system as we had an out of date back up.

Nothing was to much trouble.

The end result was that all of our staff came away from this with the belief that the Frontdesk support folks can walk on water.

Also be aware that there is a big concern in the USA about cloud based medical record systems. This is all to do with insurance companies.

7. toughspiders

toughspiders Active Member

Geoffo is there a minimum lock in period with coreplus?

8. PodiatryHive

PodiatryHive Welcome New Poster

Would be really interested to know how you have been progressing with this Geoffo?

9. Geoffo

Geoffo Member

As far as I know there is no contract with Coreplus. So far am really happy with how it is all going.

In my situation I work in the country from 5 different locations. Coreplus has allowed me to now do all my bookings online and allows my receptionist to track patients, book patients, answer enquiries. etc in real time.

As for security. Well it has to be more secure than someone stealing my laptop.

If I was starting up a practice, this is so cost effective it is ridiculous.

The helpdesk is excellent...and included in the cost.

I am sure any of the cloud based companies would be excellent.

I tried mediclinic, which seemed good, but the screen didn't fit my laptop and it annoyed me dragging the screen all the time.

So far this move has been excellent. The more I use the software the better it seems to get. The letter writing facility is fantastic for medicare replies.

So far no real downsides.

10. toughspiders

Thanks Geoff appreciated.

11. Heather J Bassett

Heather J Bassett Well-Known Member

Hi PODIATRY HIVE - you nearly missed the Welcome Committee!! Good to have you onboard. I did mention that you are looking at writing a program! We are all keen to see the results!

Geoff sounds like you have a good solution!! Great stuff!

I received the FD annual account today. Would be good if it came at the end of the financial year? :) Rather than the start of the new one??

The team there are very helpful, patient, and we get great service!

We have joined ARGUS for secure messaging. It was a real pain!! that it does not link to front desk.

Good to hear that others have secure messaging working! So much easier than snail mail.

Have a great weekend all

12. Judy Gates

Judy Gates Member

Hi Geoffo,
    This is a timely discussion for me! I'm thinking of changing fron Netpod after 11 years of use to Coreplus. The cloud based software seems the way to go.

Did you have trouble with data transfer? Did it allow enough patient info to be transferred or only partial? I have emailed the help desk but they have not been good at answering specifics. Over a week waiting for answers.

Thanks for all the other comments too!

Judy

13. Hi Judy - at present, I can confirm coreplus does assist with data transfers from other systems. Patient/client and referrer data can be imported free of charge (current as of today, subject to changes). Any other data would need to be scoped and assessed individually, on a case by case basis.

Data import requests can be raised by contacting our customer service team through coreplus' help menu, when you're logged in. :)

14. Good to see the topic of secure messaging coming up more and more :)

In reference to the Original Post, I'd like to mention how coreplus addresses secure messaging.

We have an innovative approach to secure messaging: the "pay-as-you-go SMD Hub".

Basically with coreplus you can have access to 2 SMD networks: Argus & Healthlink. The only associated cost is the monthly coreplus plan, and the $1 per SMD message (current as of today, subject to change).

Pulse IT Magazine wrote an article about this back in January 2015.

15. toughspiders

Ash from Coreplus.. i have rang your sales line 3 times now no answer, i left a message today that wasn't replied to and i also emailed last week that wasn't answered.

I am thinking of changing to coreplus and would appreciate a call.

16. brevis

brevis Active Member

I have been using Coreplus since 2011. I have 2 sites and have had no issues with plenty of support when required

Would love to see an online booking feature that patients could utilise.

17. Hi Toughspiders,

I'm sorry you've had that experience... 1300 66 89 88 is our only phone line, for both sales or support - 9am to 5pm AEST. Also - support@coreplus.com.au is a direct line to the support team via our help centre ticketing software.

I'll PM you to get your personal contact details and have one of our support team reach out.

--

In response to Brevis -- we're actually developing an online booking portal at the moment! We'll be sure to make a big announcement when we launch it :)

18. Zac

Zac Active Member

Any further updates on those using Coreplus - good, the bad etc.

19. Marc

Marc Welcome New Poster

I've been using coreplus for the past 6 years and been very happy with it. I can access all my files, diary, business stats etc from any device, anywhere. Integrates with Xero, Medicare, DVA. There's no going back to any other system for me.

20. I use E-Practice. Have used it for 8 years and has been a good solid software package. Integrates with Medicare etc well. Was cheaper than most of the others 8 years ago which prompted me at the time.