Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

visiting nz

Discussion in 'New Zealand' started by cormy7, Mar 10, 2011.

1. cormy7

cormy7 Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello, I'm very new to this forum and would appreciate any help / advice/ info I can get. I am coming over to aukland, new zealand in april with family in tow to visit my sister. I am currently seriously considering moving to new zealand but need some information advice on podiatry in new zealand ie what jobs are like if there is much difference between scope of practice, what the availability of jobs are , what the continued courses training / support is like, what the pay is? Really any information is greatly appreciated. I would also if possible like to meet up with / visit some pods while i'm there if anyone has the availability to accommodate and put up with my incessant questioning lol ! Many Thanks

2. Greg Fyfe

Greg Fyfe Active Member

I suggest you look up the NZ Podiatry website, NZ Podiatrists Registration Board website, Read other posts in the NZ Forum on Arena, Ministry of Health http://www.moh.govt.nz/moh.nsf/indexmh/dataandstatistics-subjects-workforcepamphlets website for Workforce Survey Results.

NZ has something over 4 million people, approx 297 practicing podiatrists 1 School of Podiatry which , and sees a lot of graduates head to Australia.

3. cormy7

cormy7 Member

Many thanks for your reply greg i have already gathered some info from these sites but will look up the mod site as this is one i have not been on or come across. Its a very big decision and I want to make sure I get as much information as I can before commencing on a rather big and expensive journey ! I also want to make sure I am making the right decision career wise too. I am going to investigate nursing too as I am also a qualified nurse although not currently registered with the nmc this may be something worth considering but I have the most experience as a pod 11 years in nhs, as opposed to 3 years (6 inc training) as a nurse.
    I have also looked into australia but as family is in nz i would prefer to be closer to them. Thanks again