Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Security Problems on Podiatry Arena

Discussion in 'Podiatry Arena Help, Suggestions and Comments' started by admin, Aug 20, 2013.

1. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Its been a crazy last 5-6hrs as we implemented and solved problems on some new security protocols to prevent spam and getting hacked.

The first go, meant everyone was coming from the same IP address as all traffic is being routed via a proxy server to block the hackers - that meant for a few hours a lot of people (including me) could not log in and were locked out of accounts. A few were erroneously able to log in under other user names etc etc.

From the front end, everything should be working fine now. I still have a lot to do in the backend, but it means we have another layer of security to prevent hacking.

Sorry for any problems this caused and thanks for bearing with us!

2. admin

I have just looked at the stats. In the first 12hrs, almost 10% of the traffic that comes to Podiatry Arena is malicious!!! ie hackers looking for vulnerabilities - most of them are bots that report back to their masters.

I don't think many people release just what a cesspool it is out there that is constantly being battled against.

Most standard websites are pretty safe; its the sites that depend on scripts and sql databases are constantly that are being targeted.

For those interested, this is what was installed: http://blog.sucuri.net/2013/03/virtual-patching-for-websites-with-sucuri-cloudproxy.html .... adds another $9/month to running the site!

3. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

Oh I realize!!!

4. vBulletin has been targeted and from what my understanding the upgrades are a complete waste of time and more stress than help

5. blinda

blinda MVP

Still getting problems, Craig. Whilst I can now login the threat detected every time I log in is "Exploit Blackhole Exploit kit..." The Arena`s homepage is incomplete and I can`t view new posts/threads.

Keep up the good/hard work, though. Beer on me next time.

6. admin

Try and clear your cache and dekete cookies in your browser:
    http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

7. admin

There does seem to be a problem with people being able to log out - we working on it!

8. admin

Everything should be working fine now.

.... Unrelated to all this, the wife's website just got hacked, so it's now off to work on that! ... It's cesspool out there.

9. admin

Looks like the nasties have crept back in again ---- we on to it!

10. admin

We have again fixed the problem! Somehow the scumbags keep getting back in.