Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Record keeping on tablet/android

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by JOSKIN, Feb 14, 2014.

1. JOSKIN

JOSKIN Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi
    I have a kindle fire hd and wondered if anybody knew of an app that would enable me to record patient details and treatments whilst on Dom visits?
    Cheers:dizzy:

2. N.Knight

N.Knight Active Member

Not an app but I can use clinkico on my iPad

Nick

3. davidh

davidh Podiatry Arena Veteran

After using a variety of electronic media for taking notes I've come back to paper.
    When I receive a bundle of legal evidence most of it is paper.
    Paper is great! If it had just been invented we would all be going nuts about how good it is.

Use your electronic gizmos for communicating, and music. They are excellent for that.

4. Ian Linane

Ian Linane Well-Known Member

For general pod care (corns etc) I use an online electronic means. For MSK I remain a paper fan. If I did doms and wanted to keep notes on electronic means then I'd follow Nicks advice.

5. Tim VS

Tim VS Active Member

A mixture, same as Ian. What I do is write up the notes initially then scan them into Practice Pal using Scanner Pro on the ipad. This is a cloud system so quite useful if the patient calls me when I'm not near the clinic and I can check the scanned assessment notes for a quick reminder. From that point on I use paper notes for MSK patients and, for the routine footcare patients where there is usually not so much writing, I enter those straight into Practice Pal.
    Computerised record systems are quite useful I find for building up a 'patient profile' by collating patient notes, prescriptions, photos, letters etc and are also excellent for monitoring stats and marketing.

Hope that helps,

Tim

6. Hi Joskin,
    There is a great cloud based program call Nookal that has a tablet version specifically for note taking.
    Regards
    Darren

7. JOSKIN

JOSKIN Member

Thanks.

Could you tell me how much it is?
    Cheers

8. Andrew Ayres

Andrew Ayres Active Member

I use Pages on the ipad. I make template forms on my PC then transfer them to pages. I just copy whatever template I need. It's all cloud backed up and I back it up on my PC as well. Any pictures, gait videos can easily be added to notes.