Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

Frontdesk v Online

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by Rudy, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Rudy

Rudy Active Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am sorry if this rehashes old threads again. However I am having to upgrade our server and the expense of keeping frontdesk is getting crazy in my opinion.

Is there anyone who has been a long time user of Frontdesk who jumped to an online software such as Cliniko who can tell me if it was worth it?

I see a lot of pain with both options at the moment. We are a big clinic with over 16000 pt on file. If someone has had the same experience I would love to hear which way you went.

I would prefer to hear more from users than people who work or own the software companies. Thanks
    Rudy

2. Paul Bowles

Paul Bowles Well-Known Member

Have you tried TM2? We have been using it for years - very flexible, great support, touch compatible and does everything for the clinic from accounts, reports, letters, bookings, notes, pictures etc etc.... Worth a look anyhow before you decide.

3. podesh

podesh Active Member

Hi
    I use front desk but login to a hosted database, the company I use is hostus. It works well for me as I can log in at different locations. They do all backs ups, I can still use argus and we have just integrated myob. The only downside, if the internet goes down..... Big oh no!

4. Rudy

Rudy Active Member

Hi Podesh are you still using Front desk through a hosted database? If so are you happy,and who are you going through. I keep delaying a choice here as no system seems to complete our needs. I have to say I do not enjoy dealing with Frontdesk. I find them straight out rude to be honest.
    Paul did you change from Frontdesk to TM2? If so was it easy, did your staff adapt cheerfully, quickly. I dread having to train staff in medical centres to use a new system, it may not be well received. I hear Frontdesk like taking ownership of the data even though it is not theirs.

5. joelfriedlaender

joelfriedlaender Active Member

Hi Rudy,

I know you're keen to hear from people using the systems and not us from the companies, however it's been a while and seems like you're not yet sorted out.

If I can help at all, please do let me know.

Joel
    joel@cliniko.com

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  6. Mediclinic Software

Mediclinic Software Active Member

Hi Rudy. We too are software vendors with DVA and Medicare online claiming integrated into a true CLOUD platform. We have all data stored in Australia on AMAZON servers in Sydney for your security.

We offer up to 6 months free trial for larger businesses and 60 days for smaller businesses as we KNOW there are issues in trying to change or stay put. We will assist with data import too for free.

Let us know if we can help you - John in the support team
    www.mediclinic.com.au

7. podesh

podesh Active Member

Hi rudy, still loving front desk. One of the main reasons is that I find their backup and helpdesk excellent, neither myself or practice manager have ever had rudeness from staff, they have always been extremely pleasant and efficient. I like hostus, as it's all done onshore, my only complaint with them, is not always very quick to get back to you. But overall pretty good. Cheers esher

8. Mediclinic Software

Mediclinic Software Active Member

By the way I forgot to add that we offer a 6 months free trial as you really need some time to evaluate a program AND large numbers of importing is no issue as is notes, scans, referrals etc. WE can do all of this as I would imagine other software companies as well.

Yes moving platforms is a hard decision but think of this WEB BASED software or CLOUD based, is the way to go. Access it easy on the go. Book in patients when they call you. Use your mobile!

AND - we do have DVA and Medicare Online claiming to YOUR bank account and NO SERVERS or infrastructure at your end required and no license fees.

9. Spiro01

Spiro01 Member

Have used Front Desk for 17 years and now have Host Us deal with all hosting. Considering the support and development of this product over the years it really is a piece of mind purchase. I note a reference to being rude ... Id think about your approach Rudy, Ive had nothing but great service from these guys over the years, no complaints what so ever.

Would not risk this crucial part of our business with anyone else.

Happy to discuss my experience with anyone on a personal level.

SV
    Podiatry Care