Welcome to the Podiatry Arena forums

You are currently viewing our podiatry forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view all podiatry discussions and access our other features. By joining our free global community of Podiatrists and other interested foot health care professionals you will have access to post podiatry topics (answer and ask questions), communicate privately with other members, upload content, view attachments, receive a weekly email update of new discussions, access other special features. Registered users do not get displayed the advertisements in posted messages. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our global Podiatry community today!

1. Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Have you considered the Clinical Biomechanics Boot Camp Online, for taking it to the next level? See here for more.
Dismiss Notice
Have you liked us on Facebook to get our updates? Please do. Click here for our Facebook page.
Dismiss Notice
Do you get the weekly newsletter that Podiatry Arena sends out to update everybody? If not, click here to organise this.

podiatry in Sweden

Discussion in 'Practice Management' started by hannah.lamond, Jun 10, 2014.

1. hannah.lamond

hannah.lamond Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello! Mainly to the Swedish!
    The reason for saying this is I was wondering whether I can quiz the brains of some Swedish podiatrists. I have done some reading around but I want to establish current answers.
    Firstly, are there many podiatry jobs in Sweden is there demand for a foot professional who isn't a doctor?
    Question number 2, how easy is it to set up a practise in this country if it isn't my native?
    Final question (promise), are there any Swedish clinics / podiatrists who could get in touch with myself on here or via email?
    Many thanks, happy thoughts of Sweden!
    Hannah

2. There is basicallg no podiatry in Sweden

there was a course which was up and running for 5 years , since then there has been less and less people working as a poditrist.

the name is not offically recognised by the government run medial sector, but that does not mean you can not work.

there are 2 real ways to do work as a foot therapist ( old type of chiropodist from maybe 30 years ago, 6 month to 2years training, extra courses )

Here you would work with diabetic footcare in hospital departments.

You could also open a private practice as I have, but it is a lot of hard work, there is no registration. The students during their uni days , started a podiatry organisation but you do not need to be a member, not even sure if they are active to be honest.

some people have started working in some of the orthopaedic engineering work shops, doing insoles but there tends to be a 1 size fits all approach there.

is it possible yes sure , would I recommend it , nope not after the last 8 years.

shoot off an email if you want some more info.

but I don't have a job offer :D